How late has a client ever been to their appointment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhuongL

Reaction score
I had a nightmare client the other day. She initially booked in for Friday at 12pm for Shellac.

When 12:10 came around and she still hadn't turned up, I gave her a courtesy message to ask if she would still like to keep her appointment or would she like to cancel it. I did not get a response from her until 12:30 but she said "I am still coming, I am on my way will be a bit late though". She was already half an hour late at that point!!

I thought I'd wait for her as my next client wasn't due until 1pm. I ended up finishing my 1pm client at 1:30 and she still had not turned up. At this point, I thought "great, she's probably just playing me".

At 2pm she walked through the door and said "hi, I had an appointment at 12". !!!!!!! She was 2 hours late!! That wasn't even the worst part. She had to reschedule it for 2:30 as I was on lunch. She didn't even end up walking into the salon until 2:45.

Anyway, the whole hour and a half that I was with her, she did not even apologize. I was fuming!! I at least deserved an apology...

Rant over, sorry about the long post! Have you had a nightmare client that was really late?

Oh dear, its so annoying isnt it.
I had a client booked in last tuesday for 3pm, she turned up on Sunday at 3pm.
We close at 3pm on sunday and we was stood closing the shutter when she turns up saying I had an appointment on tuesday at 3 but thought id come today at 3.

My boss told her to come back tomorrow at 3 so we shall see x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had somebody turn up two hours late... She was booked for 4pm, ten past comes around and no sign, so I text her and politely explained that if she wasn't here within another 5 minutes I would need to reschedule as its not fair that my next clients booking gets run into (more politely obviously). Then at 4:45 she turns up and I explained that I had text her and made her aware of the situation and that I could now not do her booking. She laughed and said "well its not really work is it? You do it from home!"
So I point blank refused and I'm now always conveniently busy if she tries to book.. How rude!

OMG, thats awful. How can they expect to just walk in and no one say anything to them?

REALLY?! arent people awful, I've never had anyone as bad as these but will call them after 10mins as they've mostly forgotten. I work from home so its no so bad as I can just get on with some washing or something!

The worst one I have (both her and her daughter are serial offenders) text me the other day at 4.10 to say she'd just left work for her 4.30 appointment and would be with me asap (didnt ask me if that was OK), she was coming from Oxford which on a good day is 1hr away!!!

I didnt have anyone after her but I thought it best to make an example of her and told her that wasnt good enough and I'd have to reschedule her as I had another client. She was fine and turned up 5mins early from her new appointment - hopefully its sunk in.......but who knows.

Karaxxx

Wow RachelLynch, your client takes the cake! Aren't some clients the best?! I only have the odd one or two clients that just assume they can turn up whenever and I'll just start them when they walk in. But as we all know, it really ruins our day and throws us off when something like this happens.

I just think it's so rude when they think because you work from home that they can come at whatever time. It just defeats the whole purpose of making an appointment!

Oh dear, its so annoying isnt it.
I had a client booked in last tuesday for 3pm, she turned up on Sunday at 3pm.
We close at 3pm on sunday and we was stood closing the shutter when she turns up saying I had an appointment on tuesday at 3 but thought id come today at 3.

My boss told her to come back tomorrow at 3 so we shall see x

What in the name of all that is holy...how can anyone think it ok to just bimble along 5 days late...but I guess it was still at 3, so that's ok then...lol! Xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I also had another client who was booked in for 10:30am but thought she could turn up at 1:30pm. Without even letting me know! And she had the nerve to say I was the one who cancelled her appointment??

Twinners, I have to say that I have had clients show up a day early etc or a day late as they got the day wrong but never 5 days late. Your comment made me laugh though about as it was 3 it was ok :) x

I'm mobile so I don't have many people that are late as if they still aren't answering the door 10 minutes after the appointment time I put an invoice for the full appointment amount through their door and leave. They then have to pay upfront for all further appointments.
Saying that though, the amount of times I've walked through someone's door for their appointment and they've said, "whilst your setting up I'm just quickly going to; take my kids to school, make some breakfast, hover the living room, clean the oven etc" it takes me a matter of minutes to set everything up, their task usually takes 10-30 minutes. Drives me crazy I say now "that's fine but ill have to take it out your treatment time if your not ready to go as soon as I've set up as I'm in a very tight schedule" you know your appointment time be ready for you bloody appointment! Xxxxx

can't believe people can be so rude.
I had someone booked in this morning and she still hasn't turned up, not even responded to my text. did the same last week too..

Wow 2 hours late! If she had have said "hi, I had an appointment at 12", there is no way I could have spoken to her calmly. I would have said "yes you did and it's now 2pm! Care to explain?". I have a policy that if a client is 10 or more minutes late I have the right to refuse and/or cancel their appointment and it will need to be rescheduled. I am a busy salon owner and I'll be damned if people think they can just waltz in 15 or 20 mins late. I will NOT run late for my next client who actually DOES turn up on time!

I have had a few nightmare clients! One for example, booked in and cancelled, booked in again and didn't turn up because she 'forgot', booked in for the third time and turned up to the salon an hour or so before and cancelled it then rebooked AGAIN! Makes me so angry I'd just like to ban them like you can do in a pub!!

That would have been her last appointment with me ever!

I really feel these clients need educating, I can be quite sarcastic when I need to be and I always make sure they know if they've caused me a problem. They may get away with it once but they get the sharp end of my tongue the next time, usually that sorts them out! I'm not rude but who needs clients that behave like that and at the end of the day its our job to make them into the sort of clients we want and need.

Karaxxx

I Always confirm my appointments with a text or fb message and on it I explain if they are going to be late to let me know asap as I have others booked in after them touch wood I've never had anyone turn up late YET x

Last week i had a client do the same thing to me. Her appointment was at 1pm, i sent her a text around 1:30, she didnt call me back until 2:30 telling me she was down the street. Since i didnt have anyone else coming in, i told her ill still take her. 4:30 comes, i decide to leave the salon for the day, she decides to call around 5pm telling me she was outside my salon. I rescheduled her for the next day and she never showed up or apologized. I waited for her the whole day!!!

I always send out a reminder text the day before, and she said she was coming and seemed so excited. Ughhhhh, i hate when that happens.

I just thought since im new to the salon industry, it just happens to me, but i guess we all gets clients like that once in a while :banghead:

Sent from my LG-MS870 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a client who had made her usual 3 weekly appointment, she was suppose to come for 3pm, 3.15 came she still hadn't shown up, so I messaged her to get a response 15minutes later saying she had just left work and wanted to reschedule for later that day.

So 6pm came, I thought ill message her again asking if she would like a tea or coffee so I could prepare, to get a response of her saying oh I've messaged you off my boyfriends Facebook account only to let me down again. So then rebooked for the following Saturday at 10.30am, I messaged her to confirm her appointment at 9.30 to get a response at 11am saying she'd slept in and could she still come I told her no as I couldn't for her in, and then he had the cheek to ask which Chinese shop I recommend for her to get her nails done. Needless to say I will not be booking her in again!

I wrote a post on my salon page stating just because I work from home does not mean people can miss appointments with no explanation and it's not acceptable, it is still my job.

If my clients are over 15 mins late they have to reschedule..no questions.

It is what it is!

I'm the same. They've got 10-15 mins and then it's a no no! If you let them get away with it they will.

Latest posts

Back