How long does it take you to wax your self?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
I havent long since qualified in waxing , but i love it !! Anyhow tonight was the night i waxed and shaped my eyebrows and waxed my top lip and it took an hour :suprised:

Its much harder waxing your self and getting the shape correct , as well as making sure you dont put wax on other parts what doesnt need waxing :lick:! lol

so will i get this time down? how long does it take you to wax your eyebrows/top lip?

It takes me forever to wax anything on me! Probably because I'm always on my phone/ fidgeting/ not wanting to pull the strip off/ getting distracted by the house phone!! The list is endless haha but it's worth it if I've got a day off because I'm too much of a wuss to get someone else to do it :) x

i wax my chin, lip and eyebrows in about 5 mins. i put wax on all areas, and whip it off. pluck few strays and job done! Your timing will come down in no time!

It takes me forever to wax anything on me! Probably because I'm always on my phone/ fidgeting/ not wanting to pull the strip off/ getting distracted by the house phone!! The list is endless haha but it's worth it if I've got a day off because I'm too much of a wuss to get someone else to do it :) x

phew ! glad i aint the only one haha.

It takes me 4 centuries to do my Hollywood.

About 5 mins for my face.

ok..waxing top lip......put wax in place, count to 3..........then hesitate, count to 3 again, oh and hesitate.......can go on like this for some considerable time, eventually have to accept that its gotta come off. I hate waxing myself, perfer it when someone else does it and I don't know when they are going to rip it off!!

ok..waxing top lip......put wax in place, count to 3..........then hesitate, count to 3 again, oh and hesitate.......can go on like this for some considerable time, eventually have to accept that its gotta come off. I hate waxing myself, perfer it when someone else does it and I don't know when they are going to rip it off!!

I'm exactly the same! Haha..the girls at work tend to stay late after work one night and we just wax each other! Lol.

Kayleigh xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

well i must hold my hand up , tonight was first time i have eva had my top lip waxed :O
I was in a similar position to you , as ive been told it "stings" so anyhow wax went on , counted to 3 , held my breathe and rip haha , werent that bad actually and after i thought to my self , why all these years have i not waxed it !!! smooth as a babys bum :p lol

Eskimonailtech you do your own Hollywood? Wow! I felt a bit brave the other day and attempted it and in the end I gave up - I should go and let someone finish the job properly but I'm way too embarrassed!!

OP I haven't even attempted doing any other waxing. I think I need to find someone in my area to swap treatments with. X

Yeah i do.

You wouldnt know it if you looked right now ahahahahaha

..what about underarms girls? No matter how hard I try I cannot manage to wax my own underarms without causing myself some damage. Ouch !! I dunno perhaps I'm not as flexible as I used to be, but my arms will not stretch high or far enough to really tighten the skin......obviously need to get someone else to do that also!

It takes me 4 centuries to do my Hollywood.

About 5 mins for my face.

Christ you must get into some shapes! I couldnt bear it! Do my own underarms and I stand with the wax on for like ten mins before removing! Im a wimp!

..what about underarms girls? No matter how hard I try I cannot manage to wax my own underarms without causing myself some damage. Ouch !! I dunno perhaps I'm not as flexible as I used to be, but my arms will not stretch high or far enough to really tighten the skin......obviously need to get someone else to do that also!

never had my underarms waxed , But i will give this ago tommorow as its getting like a bush :Dhaha , might as well waxed arent i , payed for a course so might as well get the perks out of it haha

what wax would you use for underarms? x as i was going to use hard wax x

once when I was doing my hwood, I fell over.

I always skin myself with my strip wax because I leave it on too long and it goes cold lol! Only on one arm usually as I'm brave with the first and when I remember the pain I'm not so good at the second one haha!

Hahaha do you use a mirror? I imagine putting your leg up on a surface in front of a mirror would help? Not that I'll ever know coz I'm too scared to try!

never had my underarms waxed , But i will give this ago tommorow as its getting like a bush :Dhaha , might as well waxed arent i , payed for a course so might as well get the perks out of it haha

what wax would you use for underarms? x as i was going to use hard wax x

Yep, you may as well be your own guinea pig ENJOY !! I use Perron Rigot Euroblonde Wax, the non-strip wax. Fantastic wax, no problems with clients at all.......only probs I have is when I'm trying to be big and brave and get into stupid positions to wax myself!

Yep, you may as well be your own guinea pig ENJOY !! I use Perron Rigot Euroblonde Wax, the non-strip wax. Fantastic wax, no problems with clients at all.......only probs I have is when I'm trying to be big and brave and get into stupid positions to wax myself!

pmsl oh the joys of being a therapist eh :p if only our clients new eh !!

Corr you're brave!
That last post made me laugh..seeing that someone does their own, might have to give it a shot........scared!

Kayleigh xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Latest posts

Back