How long does your French polish last????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
I find most of my regular clients who have healthy,natural nails come back every 2 weeks to re-do their french polish.
However,i have one client who has severe exema and the polish is literally flaking off after 4 or 5 days! i know that she has alot of medicated cream to apply but i wish there was something i could do to help the situation.
I've thought about a coating of uv gel but her nails are so dry i think it would probably lift straight away!! pleeeaaaaasse help. im open to anything!!

Hi,

Are they her natural nails, or enhancements?

there natural

Theres not much you can do on natural nails in reguard to keeping the french polish on if she is always putting creams on etc etc...You could ask her to put gloves on when applying creams and doing dishes etc?

If your client really likes having her nails neat, then why not offer her a french overlay?

Hiya,
I would recommend you sell her some CND Solar Oil, as it will help to keep her nails and tissue around her nails well moisturised, which will help to prolong the life of her french polish...check out what Amanda Fontanarossa says about how Solar Oil can help to make enamels last longer!

HTH's xxxxx

I agree that solar oil is brilliant or even solar balm.

May I ask, when you fo her french mani, are you soaking her fingers as part of the treatment? If your client is prone to flaky nails, may be a good idea to not soak as the water gets between the flakes and makes the matter worse. It is a bit like leaving an untreated wooden panel out in the rain. The rain gets in between the layers of wood which then swell and split IYKWIM.

Another thing is, are you capping her free edge with all the layers of polish? This helps seal the edges and helps to give longevity to the polish/enamel.

Remind her of the customer aftercare and to wear gloves eg. when cleaning or washing up.

Hopefully, this combined with solar products will help. Please let us know how you get on. Good luck. x

star nails quatrro is a gel topcoat that can be applied over polish. never tried it, keep meaning to! you just buff it off.

i have the clear quatrro top coat,however it only works if the polish is 100 percent dry.if its the teeniest bit sticky then the edges shrink and i find that my french polish without the use of oil take a long time to dry.Also you have to be soooo careful buffing it off on a natural nail as not to make the nail any thinner.

Try changing your nail polish brand. My customers used to have the same problem but now iv changed brand they last longer.

Latest posts

Back