How Long for Sculptured nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
I'm loving sculptured nails at the moment and was wondering how long should it take me to apply a set of sculptured acrylics. I use CND retention and it curently takes me about an hour and twenty mins. It takes me about an hour and fifteen to apply tips and overlay. Do you think I should be aiming to get my time down to say, an hour?

I think it's a perfectly acceptable salon time for a new set! (either sculpts/tips)

Why would you want/need to get it down to an hour?

I was just thinking because I'm not using tips etc should I be appling them in less time?

I was just thinking because I'm not using tips etc should I be appling them in less time?
I think that when applying forms, what you save in time re not applying/adhering/filing to shape etc you make up for with 'creating the shape/form' of the nail... so no, I don't think that sculpting should be any faster than tipping... JMO though :wink2:

1hr 20 is a good time, Sandi is bang on :) When I first started (learned sculpting before tips) it took me about 2 and half hours, eventually got down to between 1hr 15 and 1hr 30 depending how bad cuticle work was man some clients have major cuticle! lol xx

Thanks for the advice. Glad to know my timing is just fine:)

I am a CND l&p master tech and it takes me 1 hr to 1.15hr for a problem free rebalance .

I had a new lAdy today whom had no big toe nail,????o
looked and said?? Don't worry il sort that ,, she couldn't believe what I dOb

Latest posts

Back