How long should eyelash extensions last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach.rua

Reaction score
hi, i didn't know which section to put this in, i'm normally in the nail geek. i thought this would be the closest but i guess i'll have to wait and see how much help i can get here. I trained in eyelash extentions a few months ago and i love it, im not having any problems yet thank god but i have had ppl ask me if these are 'the ones that last 2 or 3 months?' I tell them no, that if they were just getting them the once off they'd last about 4 weeks before most of them would've fallen out with they're own natural lash cycle or if they wanted to keep them permenently they would need to come back to me every 2 to 4 weeks for refills to replace the ones that have naturally fallen out. Because as far as i knew (what i was told in my training) the life cycle of the eyelash is about 25-35 days or something and that you lose between 1-5 eyelashes a day but dont notice unless it falls in your eye or on your clothes. I just read on a couple of different site that the lash cycle is 60-90 days! and that THEIR extentions last 2 or 3 months! is this true, and is that actually possible?
thanks for any help
rachel.

The natural eyelash life cycle is 45 to 90 days,
the info that you have given to your clients is correct, they do need maintaining every 2 to 3 weeks,
and for the best results they have to follow all aftercare,
the ONLY way semi permanent lashes last up to 3 month is with regular maintenance appointments, hth

ok thanks so much for replying. so if the client just gets them once say for wedding or something, how long should she expect them to last without getting refills? xx and also just for curiosity, how many lashes would you aim to apply to each eye and how long does it take you for a full set? thanks again xx

If the set is just a one off they will last from 2 to 6 weeks, depending on how well they are fitted, the adhesive used and if the client follows after care,
so if your not sure how long your sets last say 2 to 4 weeks,

as a minimum 60 lashes per eye and as a maximum 120 to 160 per eye,
eyes are all different shapes and sizes so depending on this makes the difference to how many you can get in there,

if i am fitting 60 to 80 per eye up to 2 hrs,
if i fit 120 to 160 per eye up to 3 hrs,
hth

can i ask what brand you use? i trained with 'Up To My Eyes' lashes. the lady that owns up to my eyes and trained me in, had extentions applied all over the place with lots of different brands, novalash etc, and was never 100% happy with the result, but then found ones she loved in australia, she trained there, then opened her own business back here in ireland. obviously some brands are better than others but how do you find your glue, are you happy with it? how quick does it set? is it ok to try different glues from other extention brands myself? im happy enough with my glue but would always be on the look out for a quicker setting, longer lasting one.

ok thank you for that, im sorry for all the questions but im just tryin to clear up my confusion. if they must be maintained every couple of weeks in order to be able to say that they can last 2 months, why do you put a limit on them then? cant they be called permanent in that case, and last alot longer than 2 months? thanks x

can i ask what brand you use? i trained with 'Up To My Eyes' lashes. the lady that owns up to my eyes and trained me in, had extentions applied all over the place with lots of different brands, novalash etc, and was never 100% happy with the result, but then found ones she loved in australia, she trained there, then opened her own business back here in ireland. obviously some brands are better than others but how do you find your glue, are you happy with it? how quick does it set? is it ok to try different glues from other extention brands myself? im happy enough with my glue but would always be on the look out for a quicker setting, longer lasting one.

Over the years i have trained or modelled in different lash companies classes so have experience with quite a few of them,
i am now the head trainer Flirties and use all their products,
i found my adhesive by spending 8 months testing out a range of adhesives for the flirties brand until i found the one that i would be happy to use and work with,
it is medical grade, Ce approved, no fumes and dries very fast,
the therapists that have converted over to flirties adhesive have said it has cut down there treatment time by around 30 mins or more,

yes it is fine for you to try out different adhesives from other brands, you are qualified in lashes so are free to try out any other brands that you want to, hth

Latest posts

Back