How long should you spend on Shellac file and polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371669541.209498.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371669541.209498.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 221
Yes 20 mins just to apply the polish fair enough but not including PEP etc

I take 30-35 minutes and that is me taking my time. I dont like to rush my work everyones timings is differant

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Sorry but I disagree. I prefer Doug Schoon's ethos.

Totally agree withDoug's quote. I'm in the business of providing a service not a conveyor belt........that is not aimed at anyone xxx

Totally agree withDoug's quote. I'm in the business of providing a service not a conveyor belt........that is not aimed at anyone xxx

Couldn't agree more

I totally agree!! It takes as long as it takes! A 'simple' shellac about 45 minutes a re shellac about ah hour and for nail art who knows!! It also depends on the clients! I tend to attract the indecisive ones! Haha I have the full shellac range so I lot to choose from! Lol

I totally agree!! It takes as long as it takes! A 'simple' shellac about 45 minutes a re shellac about ah hour and for nail art who knows!! It also depends on the clients! I tend to attract the indecisive ones! Haha I have the full shellac range so I lot to choose from! Lol

There's providing a perfect service and then something else!

An hour and anything under I think is perfectly acceptable but there's the point were it just becomes silly and doesn't make business sense to work for less than minimum wage as it takes soo long!

If its taking longer than 1 hour there's a problem somewhere along the line and better to get it all smoothed out now rather then many months down the line when you've made no money!

So yes I think we all should be providing the best service we can but seriously over an hour and I'd look at which area is taking you so long ... Or charge more for your time

For a shellac it takes me no longer than 45 minutes. a french manicure can sometimes take a few mins longer but not much. With removal I'd schedule an hour at most.

There's providing a perfect service and then something else!

An hour and anything under I think is perfectly acceptable but there's the point were it just becomes silly and doesn't make business sense to work for less than minimum wage as it takes soo long!

If its taking longer than 1 hour there's a problem somewhere along the line and better to get it all smoothed out now rather then many months down the line when you've made no money!

So yes I think we all should be providing the best service we can but seriously over an hour and I'd look at which area is taking you so long ... Or charge more for your time

I agree, however it does make business sense. I have been running my own business now for 9 years, if I didn't make money I wouldn't be doing it. My clients know how long it takes and are fine with that. They also come back every two weeks without fail...

I am happy with my timing, and I know every one of them leave happy with their nails looking great so to me timing is not an issue.

Latest posts

Back