How long to master intimate waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering how long it takes to feel confident doing intimate waxing?

In the next few months Im hoping to add another service, intimate waxing or Shellac. Im torn.

I have all my waxing kit, lots of regulars for small area waxing- lip/brows/notstrils/ears etc when having other treatments from me.

My leg waxes was popular in summer & I had repeat business but now winters here the ladies arent bothering :( I know this as I tan them & see their legs 😊!

When ive mentioned intimate waxing to existing clients they don't seem to keen & are happy with a bikini wax for their holidays.

So I would need to market myself to new clients... Although same would be true for Shellac, my ladies are Bio clients & wouldn't change.

I just don't want it to be something I do once in a blue moon as I guess id loose my confidence.

Where have you found your ladies for intimate waxing? Or should I say, how did they find you?

Thanks for reading xx

After Kim lawless training!

Every single bikini wax I do I end up talking them into a Brazilian at least and they then love it. Kim lawless taught me the confidence to enjoy the treatment and then it's all word of mouth x

After Kim lawless training!

Every single bikini wax I do I end up talking them into a Brazilian at least and they then love it. Kim lawless taught me the confidence to enjoy the treatment and then it's all word of mouth x

Thank you... So is intimate a regular popular treatment for you now? Again not had a bikini wax since end of Sept (another holiday waxer) xx

When you become excellent at intimate waxing and become confident and brave, it's not seasonal. Clients don't want to stop having it done in the winter.

When you become excellent at intimate waxing and become confident and brave, it's not seasonal. Clients don't want to stop having it done in the winter.

Yes Id think people would like to keep it up all year once they've had it done. Maybe my ladies are hairy Marys! 😜

Or scared 😣 not going to lie I fall in to the scared category. I need to get it done myself so I can start raving about how good it is! Xx

I have spent years thinking my regular waxing ladies are happy with what I offer. If I didn't do intimate waxing they would probably never have it but I have already got a waiting list for when I've trained. I also have clients who shave because they want it all off but I don't offer it. Then I anticipate a lot of new clients because nobody around here does proper intimate waxing so my intimate waxing client base is building and I haven't even trained yet.
One of the reasons I've opted to do it is because your client base remain loyal. Once you've got your kit off for one therapist, as long as she or he does a good job you're not really going to shop around. I know I wouldn't!!!

I have spoken to newly trained therapists who have said they feel confident after training and like anything it is up to us to keep up the momentum.

Good luck with your decision.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm just about to ditch nails (shellac) and pedicures from my menu as I'm so busy with waxing and especially intimate waxing. Tomorrow for example - even though its definitely autumn here, I'm doing 14 intimate waxes and one eyebrow makeover. Through word of mouth, and having a great website (top of google search) I've built up a really great little business.

I really enjoy my job - not the ripping out the hair, but meeting lots of different people every day and changing their perception of intimate waxing being something they have to dread each month.

Intimate wax training has been the most lucrative training I have ever done! And after my KL training I did 5 freebies and then was confident enough to start charging. (But I have been a therapist for over 10 years so it was just adding to my skill base)

Go for the intimate wax training :)

Yes Id think people would like to keep it up all year once they've had it done. Maybe my ladies are hairy Marys! 😜

Or scared 😣 not going to lie I fall in to the scared category. I need to get it done myself so I can start raving about how good it is! Xx

I've never had it done - my first time will be at the training when we practice on each other. In for a penny............

Ok Im sold ladies... 😊! Thank you, I really enjoy waxing, my to do list is to get it done myself before training then I can really work on selling it to my clients! I gave away a few nostril waxes when they were having eyebrows etc & thats really caught on now :)

How long does the average all off take? Xx

I'm just about to ditch nails (shellac) and pedicures from my menu as I'm so busy with waxing and especially intimate waxing. Tomorrow for example - even though its definitely autumn here, I'm doing 14 intimate waxes and one eyebrow makeover. Through word of mouth, and having a great website (top of google search) I've built up a really great little business.

I really enjoy my job - not the ripping out the hair, but meeting lots of different people every day and changing their perception of intimate waxing being something they have to dread each month.

Intimate wax training has been the most lucrative training I have ever done! And after my KL training I did 5 freebies and then was confident enough to start charging. (But I have been a therapist for over 10 years so it was just adding to my skill base)

Go for the intimate wax training :)
I've trained a few from Norway........intrigued as to who you are. : ) x

I was confident as soon as i left kims room!! And i offered no freebies i just went straight to doing clients. Having intimate waxing on your pricelist is a must as its what most people have these days. Go with kim and you wont regret it. X

Thank you for all your replies 💕 I think when Im qualified I will (try to) talk a couple of regulars in to being models & let them realise they need to be having it done.

Also advertising it, where as obviously I don't now, will hopefully gain interest.

Xx

I've just contacted Kim's office about this. I started level 2 beauty in September and I'm loving it!!

We will start our waxing unit early in the new year - our college offer an enrichment class in intimate waxing but after reading this I want to train with Kim. Looking forward to hearing from Caroline! :)

As turkish_delight says I felt confident to go out & do intimate waxing as soon as I left Kim's place (in fact I was REALLY wanting to get out there and do it, so much so I even had a dream about Kim's waxing procedure lol).

I did a strict 1 month introductory price of £15 (I charge £35 after the intro offer & there will be NO more offers) and that helped me to practice & to allow people to try out intimate waxing for a great price. I didn't do any free waxes (the offer meant I covered my costs - especially important to me as I'm mobile).

I'm gutted I missed Kim in Edinburgh this month, so wish I had booked on the course!! When are you next up Kim? I would LOVE to train with you! & after reading all the other girls lovely feed back on you & your skills it is a must :)))

Sarah xx

Latest posts

Back