How long??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
I know this question is a bit like how longs a peice of string but would like some opinions and advice.:green:

when you first started out mobile how long till you built a decent client base??

I have been mobile since August this year but im struggling to build clients. Dont get me wrong i know it takes time but i wanted to make sure im doing all that i can do.

Ive advertised on as many free sites as possible, I have adds in local shop windows, I have my website, I have done leaflet drops, I have a sign on my car and also on my mums car and my friends car!! Ive taken in business cards to local shops what else can i do?????

I thought maybe things would pick up by now for xmas but so far i only have 3 bookings for dec:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - you are right - everybody will give a different answer to this question and it is one I cannot give an answer to.

So a few questions for you - what are you wearing on tour nails? How many leaflet drops have you done through each door that you have dropped to? Over what period often were these leaflet drops? What client referral incentives have you done?

Marketing is one of those things that has to be done in many different ways, many different times to be successful. For a person to be able to recognise a form of advertising they have to see it at least 7 times I believe so you have to keep going and dont give up. You have only been doing this for a very short time - the most successful of people in this business (especially when times are tough) are those that do not give up - especially in the early years.

I always make sure i have enhancements on my nails and when ive done clients they always compliment on my nails as i know that is my best advert!!

I have probaly done about 1000 leaflet drops to date all different areas i nearly always do them either at the begining or the end of the month.

I always make sure i have enhancements on my nails and when ive done clients they always compliment on my nails as i know that is my best advert!!

I have probably done about 1000 leaflet drops to date all different areas i nearly always do them either at the beginning or the end of the month.

Thats great you wear your own nails as that is your best advert.

As regards your leaflet drops - lets look at just one house alone as an example - any one house you have delivered to will do - how many times have you delivered a leaflet to that particular house?

Hi All,

I'm a mobile spray tan technician and am building my business too. I've taken advice from some clever Geekies and just this week have started emailing all my local schools, offering a Spray Tan as a prize in their Christmas Fayre raffle. I'm also going to offer this to two or three pubs in my village for their raffles and quiz nite prizes.
On Saturday I plucked up the courage and asked my local newsagent if I could put one of my flyers into each and every newspaper and magazine one day, and she very enthusiastically agreed, so I'm hotfooting it down there at 7.00am on Thursday morning.
On one of the free websites I'm advertised on, I got two of my clients to submit reviews. This has ensured my details are very near to the top when someone's searching on-line for a spray tan in my area.
The next Saturday my husband's off (so he can look after the kids), I'm going to plonk mysef in the middle of our town centre and hand out flyers to as many suitable people as possible, for as long as I can stand it.
Another suggestion I'm going to take up is to give a £10 voucher to all December clients, to be redeemed during January & February when I believe things might be dead quiet.
All this advice I've taken has come from this site and another site, and I'm so grateful to all you clever people, and hope it helps others too. Thanks very muchly xxx

ddd
Hi All,

I'm a mobile spray tan technician and am building my business too. I've taken advice from some clever Geekies and just this week have started emailing all my local schools, offering a Spray Tan as a prize in their Christmas Fayre raffle. I'm also going to offer this to two or three pubs in my village for their raffles and quiz nite prizes.
On Saturday I plucked up the courage and asked my local newsagent if I could put one of my flyers into each and every newspaper and magazine one day, and she very enthusiastically agreed, so I'm hotfooting it down there at 7.00am on Thursday morning.
On one of the free websites I'm advertised on, I got two of my clients to submit reviews. This has ensured my details are very near to the top when someone's searching on-line for a spray tan in my area.
The next Saturday my husband's off (so he can look after the kids), I'm going to plonk mysef in the middle of our town centre and hand out flyers to as many suitable people as possible, for as long as I can stand it.
Another suggestion I'm going to take up is to give a £10 voucher to all December clients, to be redeemed during January & February when I believe things might be dead quiet.
All this advice I've taken has come from this site and another site, and I'm so grateful to all you clever people, and hope it helps others too. Thanks very muchly xxx

Just a quick update - I've had two positive feedbacks from two local schools, one of which has asked if they can keep my Spray Tan Voucher for their Ladies' Indulgence Evening in March, and would I like to hand out a few flyers on the night. It works! Fantastic stuff xx

Latest posts

Back