How low can they go? Is this the lowest price yet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same in my area. I've stopped offering enhancements because they would rather go nss despite me educating them. I just can't afford to offer them at the prices people are offering.
I'm sticking to my ladies that I do natural nails and gel polish for.
I'm worth more than that :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the same - only do natural nail treatments now. I am fed up of people popping up & offering (and I quote) "Rio acrylics for £5" accompanied by a terrible picture. The worst part? People go & pay them! Nah, stuff that I will not even try to compete, I too (and my clients that have common sense) are worth far more than that!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I charge £25 for a full set of acrylics, but I base this on my ability and skill level. I don't make a good profit from this as they take me around 2 hours to do(and I'm mobile!). My acrylics aren't awful but I haven't really done that many (pretty much all my clients are gel polish) so i don't feel confident at all. I have two regular acrylic ladies who go 2.5 to 3 weeks, usually they are missing a couple by infill but they tell me it only happened a day or 2 before. I always spot other peoples acrylics and ask where they had them done and how long they last...the answer is always an nns (or from the description sounds like one) and they last 4 to 6 weeks! And they charge the same or less than me...how can I compete?the nails look fab too!
I do,however, charge £20 for infill which is £2 more than most salons round me!xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do,however, charge £20 for infill which is £2 more than most salons round me!xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app[/QUOTE]

Good for you!! I think it's wrong to have to charge less for rebalances than new sets as, for the most part, they can be just as much work if not more at times! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is quite depressing, makes me wonder if i'm wasting my time training :sad:

I often wonder what the backlash would be if someone who was "only a beautician" (as lots see us) decided to qualify as a dr, lawyer, surgeon etc and said will work for minimum wage or do mobile 😂

I don't use shellac so I don't know what the average is but I've just seen a sponsored post in facebook for €10 shellac with a free brow wax!

Amanda xx

My main competition is an nns in town, it kills me! They r so cheap, and even though they cause horrific damage people still go back! I even get girls asking me to do nail art on their dodgy cheap nails! Not sure it's a good route to go down, on one hand can educate them but find it very insulting that they wouldn't have their acrylics done by me, I may be a tad more expensive but I won't destroy their nails! Xx

I don't know what the answer is, but prices are considerably cheaper than when I first trained around seven years ago in my area and it appears to be pretty much universal. I spotted a somewhat upmarket salon recently in a fairly well to do town not far from me and a cnd one, at that, offering shellac for £10 and it wasn't even on an offer - that was the standard price! I am quite sure they would be asking more if they thought they had a realistic prospect of getting it!

Would it b bad to put this on my facebook page as a " u get what u pay for" haha kinda joke? Xxx

I don't think it would, I think people would see the humour in it x

The pictures I was referring to have been removed as they could be recognised by the owner or by clients etc.

sorry izzidoll i never saw them!! Thought you meant the jokey ones :)

I don't think it would, I think people would see the humour in it x

I think plenty of people would definitely see the funny side.

The annoying thing I'm finding is that quite a few of the £10 sets etc actually look not too bad - I have reports that they don't last more than a few days sometimes or even ping off in the car on the way home - but you can't see that from a photograph more's the pity!

The picture that has been left is a joke that has been circulating social network sites for ages.

Yes your right it is a joke, from Pinterest...some people need to have a bit of fun once in a while and see the funny side - glad you understand. I would never slate anyone else's work.

Omg had to leave a comment! Posted that pic about 2 hours ago and already 2500 people have seen it!! Great for my business page! Had loads of new likes! Xxx

Can I just ask what nns is please?
X

Saw one today, £10 for gel nails or 2 for £18. This is in a high street baby boutique who have plonked a nail desk up the back - give me strength!!!

Omg had to leave a comment! Posted that pic about 2 hours ago and already 2500 people have seen it!! Great for my business page! Had loads of new likes! Xxx

Really wow! I presume you mean the pic I posted about the new nail tech..

Really wow! I presume you mean the pic I posted about the new nail tech..

Yeah!! How crazy is that!? I didn't get to c the pics that was taken off and wouldn't of put them up, only jokey pics! Xxx 8457 have seen it now!

We ended up with new clients after a £6 Gelish salon opened opposite-we had people coming in and asking us to remove and redo their awful £6 nails. I just don't see how places can do it for that much, it mustn't even cover costs let alone earn anything!

Latest posts

Back