how many appointments per month?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, really need some help if poss.....:eek::cry::eek:

Ive got to give my business plan into the princes trust tommorow and am stuck on my cash flow forecast.

How on earth do you work out how many clients you will have per month over the next year when i dont have figures from last year to go on?

Also, what is the average number of appointment you get per month being mobile? Im only doing mans, peds, nail art, pamper eve's and children's manicure parties...

Hi, really need some help if poss.....:eek::cry::eek:

Ive got to give my business plan into the princes trust tommorow and am stuck on my cash flow forecast.

How on earth do you work out how many clients you will have per month over the next year when i dont have figures from last year to go on?

Also, what is the average number of appointment you get per month being mobile? Im only doing mans, peds, nail art, pamper eve's and children's manicure parties...

Hi I also had to do this when I was asking applyingfor a loan can I ask are you mobile or will you be a salon owner

hi, im 100% mobile!

Emily - it would be very different from one mobile therapist to another to the number of appointments that they actually do.

I think that the best thing to do is work on the number of hours your want to work in a week and then work out how many appointments you will do to fill that time. You have to take into account to start off with that you will be doing very few clients in the beginning so your marketing strategy will help with how busy you expect to be in the beginning.

Most mobile therapist state that it takes at least 12 months minimum before you get any where near what you would like for the number of clients that you would like to see in a week so take this into account too.

Do you have other factors that will affect the number of hours you will work too like family, other part time work etc and then take if from there.

I have rented space in salons for 4 years. I offer a full range of beauty, not just nails.

In my first year i was in a city centre location, in an already busy salon. I dont remember how many clients i did a month, but i know i was very lucky to have been relatively busy straight away.

my second was dead as a dodo, bad location i didnt realise, no amount of advertising, leaflet drops promotions etc would get clients through the door. I stuck it for a year doing very little, i would say anything between about 10 - 40 clients a week. It was like flogging a dead horse.

then onto my 3rd and fourth year, into a tiny but busy town, absolutely rammed! First year was a bit quiet, but now ive built it up and im really busy. I average about 80 - 100 clients a week. :eek:

So it shows that its not neccesarily going to get busier as the years go by, but where you are and how you go about things and how circumstances change.

I consider myself very lucky to be where i am now. and it was part down to being in the right place at the right time and moving salons when i did.

Emily - it would be very different from one mobile therapist to another to the number of appointments that they actually do.

I think that the best thing to do is work on the number of hours your want to work in a week and then work out how many appointments you will do to fill that time. You have to take into account to start off with that you will be doing very few clients in the beginning so your marketing strategy will help with how busy you expect to be in the beginning.

Most mobile therapist state that it takes at least 12 months minimum before you get any where near what you would like for the number of clients that you would like to see in a week so take this into account too.

Do you have other factors that will affect the number of hours you will work too like family, other part time work etc and then take if from there.
Yes you need to work out how many clients and treatments you can provide in the hours that you are going to work and then it is all guess work from there,
i was told to work this out and then just guess how many clients i would see in a wk or month,
as you haven't got last year to go on i am sorry but you have to guess and make it up as you go along,
tip... the better you make it look the more chance of getting help from them hth

tip... the better you make it look the more chance of getting help from them hth

But surely the better you make it look the less it seems you need their help?! lol. Catch 22!!

But surely the better you make it look the less it seems you need their help?! lol. Catch 22!!
I agree with you totally, but this is what i was told to do and it worked, i managed to get a bank loan for 10 grand towards buying my business, and i was on benefits at the time.
Strange i know but that's how it works, i had tried before doing this and no bank would touch me hth

Latest posts

Back