How many clients over exaggerate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbee

Reaction score
I saw my client who had text me previously in the week to - quote - 'warn you that my nails are terrible, they are all flaking and 3 have split right down the middle' Hmmmm. She had only had ACG french on them! anyway, after getting myself in a right flap and buying solar oil in bulk plus the new nourishing remover (very good btw) I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw her nails.
I wish I could have took a picture. They were in perfect, healthy condition apart from the whites from the ACG had come off, but not a crack, split or chip in sight on her natural nails. 2 were very short as she said she had to bite them down as they were the split ones. But she has short nails anyway.
So, she wanted them redoing in ACG french. So I did it, no probs. However, I got a text today saying that one white has peeled off and she hasnt even done anything. I know she works with her hands in & out of water and I did point this out.
After giving free solar oil away, and explaining pros & cons of having gels I am a bit fed up, and if there is nothing wrong with the product or my application what should I do? I dont want to offend, but then again I dont really feel like I should be apologising either.

Ha ha ha. Not laughing at you but at at how I come across this kind of thing too sometimes. They really over dramatise don't they!? You get yourself in a state and then see them and wonder what the hell they were fussing about! :lol:

Ha ha ha. Not laughing at you but at at how I come across this kind of thing too sometimes. They really over dramatise don't they!? You get yourself in a state and then see them and wonder what the hell they were fussing about! :lol:

God yeah, one of my ladies rang at 9pm and was wailing down the phone that her nail had chipped and what on earth could she do?! Honestly I had to get really firm and said its a nail love not a leg! Anyway she came promptly the next morning to get it repaired and oh my god I needed a magnifying glass to see it!! Also bearing in mind she had already had them on for 2 weeks plus she has 6 kids and works as a cleaner what does she flipping expect!

your replies made me smile :) so its not just me eh! cripes, I'm so glad I'm not a dentist or a hairdresser - at least nails can grow out pretty quickly lol

Not nail related but I get the eyebrow waxing clients who say "oh my gosh I haven't had them done for sooooo long, I'm sorry they are so gross!!" and I look down and they need like, 2 hairs plucked out lol! It's funny because the ones who are horribly overgrown never say anything! Hehe

I saw my client who had text me previously in the week to - quote - 'warn you that my nails are terrible, they are all flaking and 3 have split right down the middle' Hmmmm. She had only had ACG french on them! anyway, after getting myself in a right flap and buying solar oil in bulk plus the new nourishing remover (very good btw) I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw her nails.
I wish I could have took a picture. They were in perfect, healthy condition apart from the whites from the ACG had come off, but not a crack, split or chip in sight on her natural nails. 2 were very short as she said she had to bite them down as they were the split ones. But she has short nails anyway.
So, she wanted them redoing in ACG french. So I did it, no probs. However, I got a text today saying that one white has peeled off and she hasnt even done anything. I know she works with her hands in & out of water and I did point this out.
After giving free solar oil away, and explaining pros & cons of having gels I am a bit fed up, and if there is nothing wrong with the product or my application what should I do? I dont want to offend, but then again I dont really feel like I should be apologising either.

You text or call her and politely say nail repairs are £xx I have an appointment at x or y. Be polite be firm but don't be taken for a ride honey.

Speaking of panicked clients, my friend who won't mind me telling you this , called me one day and frightened the life out of me. It went like this:

Laura where are you? Are you out? I need to speak to you about something.

I'm out but what's wrong hun?

Oh I don't want to trouble you, I'm sorry.

No don't be silly whatevers the problem

Look no don't worry I'll speak to you later, no actually when are you home?

Not long, why tell me what's wrong.

well ok I'm sorry, I know your busy.. Long pause.. I've snapped a nail.

Could have bloody killed her I thought someone had died! Turned out she panicked so much because she was going on holiday the next day.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

They really do act like its a matter of life and death!!!

The thing is my drama queen lady is the girlfriend of my husbands mate and before now when she's phoned my mobile at 10pm I've seen its her and not answered it and shes then got her bf to phone our home phone and tell my hubby she was crying and panicking coz she'd broken a nail!! Omg I get so angry and have told her to get a grip and I do not have an emergency out of hours number!

Then when she arrives the next day she says she's had a sleepless night worrying and "can it be saved?" like she's lost a bloody limb!! Needless to say I'm not my normal jolly self when she does these Holby City episodes lol x

I've been told before that Bio 'peeling off' really REALLY hurt, was actually painful. The nails were in good condition. It's a soak off gel. What do you say?! lol

Latest posts

Back