How many Nail Desks have you had since you started?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a sanitiseable arm rest and place a pape towel over it, and i do not work over a towel. I haVE OVERHEAD extraction (and always have had ).

I did a manicure on Friday and was told by the client... that I SHOULD have a towel. The lady is very domineering and ALWAYS right and really does grind anyone elses opinion down.

I explained that this was what the grill was for on the extracted desk... but nooooo... that was silly.

Anyways, she was criticising my desk... and I felt like covering it with a towel... and myself for that matter.. so I need to do something about it. I suppose I should be thankful to her really, how many people are THINKING it without saying it?!

I have a sanitiseable arm rest and place a pape towel over it, and i do not work over a towel. I haVE OVERHEAD extraction (and always have had ).

thanks for clarifying
i seem to do the same as you , except i have a towel for clients arms, covered in couch roll, which i throw away , then spray down my desk in between clients
i am looking into a new desk soon, and will definately be looking for a glass topped one, with extraction not in the desk, as to be honest mine is rubbish, doesnt pull any dust into it atall!!!!

oh i also have a small towel folded in a square for my elby bone!!( gets sore!)

I was minimalistic before the style or the word was invented!! :)

I hate anything on my desk apart from what I am using at the time.

Therefore NO light (that comes from above)
No desk ventilation (that also comes from above) If you knew how simple this was to do you would laugh!!
No towels to change after every client
No trays that hold all your bits and pieces and are diifficult to keep clean
No clutter at all.
I have an 'L' shaped desk and everything I need is in drawers that the client can not see into so I can decant my liquid, fill up my powders etc with no one really seeing or being involved.
I have small drawers that pull through on both sides of the desk and in these are my enamels and the client can jus tpull out a drawer and look to her hearts content at my 'using' polishes that are in colour shades in each drawer just loose so they can poke around and browse through them. Client chooses the colour from her side, I use it and replace it from my side ... works so efficiently.

I was minimalistic before the style or the word was invented!! :)

I hate anything on my desk apart from what I am using at the time.

Therefore NO light (that comes from above)
No desk ventilation (that also comes from above) If you knew how simple this was to do you would laugh!!
No towels to change after every client
No trays that hold all your bits and pieces and are diifficult to keep clean
No clutter at all.
I have an 'L' shaped desk and everything I need is in drawers that the client can not see into so I can decant my liquid, fill up my powders etc with no one really seeing or being involved.
I have small drawers that pull through on both sides of the desk and in these are my enamels and the client can jus tpull out a drawer and look to her hearts content at my 'using' polishes that are in colour shades in each drawer just loose so they can poke around and browse through them. Client chooses the colour from her side, I use it and replace it from my side ... works so efficiently.

That sounds so efficient! Is it a Bespoke desk?

come on then, spill!!

Hi Geeg

What's the make of your Nail Bar
I'm on the look out for a new one
I like the look of Purex...but the seem a little small?

Jenx

That sounds so efficient! Is it a Bespoke desk?

I designed it about 15 years ago and have had the same type of thing ever since.

I also dsesigned the extraction system at about the same time. And i'M NOT GOING TO SPILL IT HERE ON THE SITE as people would probably not do it right.

I designed it about 15 years ago and have had the same type of thing ever since.

I also dsesigned the extraction system at about the same time. And i'M NOT GOING TO SPILL IT HERE ON THE SITE as people would probably not do it right.

You obviously put alot of thought into it initially, to have stayed with the same model for that length of time... perhaps you could give some tips to the companies that make nail desks... but none of them are really IDEAL.... none that I have seen anyway.. always much room for improvement!

My extraction system is over the desk qnd incorporates a light. All the airborne dust goes flying up it and anyone with the slightest bit of engineering skill can make it for you if you trell them what you want. It helps to have a false ceiling.

My extraction system is over the desk qnd incorporates a light. All the airborne dust goes flying up it and anyone with the slightest bit of engineering skill can make it for you if you trell them what you want. It helps to have a false ceiling.

Similar to the sort of extraction a hob has over it??

I was thinking maybe similar to the Purex cube thing? It kind of goes over your desk shaped a little like a lampshade? And then there is a cube to the side, underneath the desk?

I havent got one I just saw it once! xx

ive had 2 desks since i started 16 yrs ago the last one Ive had for 14 yrs its a laminate nail table I use a fresh paper towel for each client and try to clean with acetone at least twice a day and pop the little acrylic balls with a wooden stick

Latest posts

Back