How many polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinead1989

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing my acrylic course over the next couple if months and currently have no 'normal' polishes. At the moment I just offer Gelish and still wanting to build up that collection I'm not sure how much to invest in normal polishes? And which brand, i love the look of china glaze and essie but as anyone can buy does it look unprofessional to use?

Or just offer Gelish and incorporate into my price list?
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I would personally invest in a small amount of normal polishes and see how they go down. Have a look at OPI and CND vinylux. When i first started up I just made sure I had a good selection of reds and pinks, and then maybe a blue, purple and a colour for french. Good luck!

I hardly use my polishes to be honest

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use my polishes alot, i have about 150 but as u could imagime some are more popular then others. I love china glaze, it would be my number one brand. Essie can be a bitch to work with so if you were to go that way i would suggest buying 2 or 3 and having a play before you invest in any more.

I'm going to be doing my acrylic course over the next couple if months and currently have no 'normal' polishes. At the moment I just offer Gelish and still wanting to build up that collection I'm not sure how much to invest in normal polishes? And which brand, i love the look of china glaze and essie but as anyone can buy does it look unprofessional to use?

Or just offer Gelish and incorporate into my price list?
Xxx

It was just sitting there on the shelves as I have over 150 bottles of gelish, 50 mani q n quite a few shellac and then I discovered megamix woo hoo now I can turn any polish into a gel polish so I have even more choice now

It was just sitting there on the shelves as I have over 150 bottles of gelish, 50 mani q n quite a few shellac and then I discovered megamix woo hoo now I can turn any polish into a gel polish so I have even more choice now

I've held off buying polish as it didn't feel much worth it thought I'd plod along with my handful of Vinylux and old cnd polishes. However im going to order some new shades as with Megamix it also doubles up as gel polish colours. Cuccio Colour nail polish are gorgeous and they are three for two. I've chosen 21 colours but will only pay for 14! So that's a steal for 21 polishes and 21 gel polishes!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do event manicures and session work which means using traditional polish instead of Shellac unless it's requested. I mainly use Shellac for private clients. CND Vinylux is great and the quick drying time is amazing. You should build up a small collection and if there is a demand for traditional polish then you can add to your collection x

I'm trying to run down my 100 or so 'normal' polishes by CND, opi, Essie as everyone ( including me) loves the benefits of Vinylux
Just wish they had more colours 😀

Thanks everyone for your replies, really helpfull. Think I'm going to try a handful of different brands have a few 'popular' colours and see how I get on from there.

Those if you who use vinylux do you charge more for this? Over acrylic or just work it into your price? Xxx

I don't charge more for Vinylux
It's actually cheaper than some other polishes.

OPI, wonderful polishes, colours, and a beautiful brush to apply it with (which makes all the difference to getting a neat edge around the cuticle)

Haven't used Vinylux though so cannot say.

Latest posts

Back