How many practice tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
Just did my training today and sprayed my model and also a friend when I got home. Just wondering how many tans you did for free to practice before you started charging? :D

i think i did about 4 tans for free then i did a introductory price to get new clients and to gain more confidence but that was mainly as i was having trouble getting the hands and feet right so needed little more practice and a little more reading on here lol x

I did about 10 til I was confident, but you can always ask for a small fee to cover your expenses. Xx

I think I did a couple, and sprayed hubby a couple of times, then did an introductory price of £10 for a while, but it doesnt take long to get comfortable with spraying...x

Thanks for your replies! I am doing another 3 friends tomorrow but am nervous until I hear how the 2 today look after a shower! I have watched some videos on youtube to get some ideas about technique, are there any tips you would give? I was taught today to spray vertically down in one motion but kept feeling myself going down then up again, is this wrong? As I've not seen the finished product yet I'm unsure as to how the way you spray affects the look of the tan, any suggestions welcome geeks?

I think I did about 5 before I was confident. I did my course in February and I've been very busy with them and I have also became quicker overtime

I was told I had to do 10 before charging at my training. I needed this anyway before I was confident.

Make sure you get feedback (or ideally see those you have practiced sprayed the next day or two afterwash off) to how the final tan came out. This way you can pick up any small technique issues you may have (ie. too much colour on hands or feet etc) and adjust your technique before it becomes a habit.

Ideally at a training course you should leave feeling reasonably confident in your technique (3-4 full body spray on different body types) and your trainer will also show you how to fix things like overspray (or wet spots) on your clients skin etc.

I did 2 first one was patchy/streaky on arms as im short once I sorted that no further issues.

I did 2 first one was patchy/streaky on arms as im short once I sorted that no further issues.

Did you wear heels for the next one :lol:

Just worked out angels lol. Was taught by someone tall her technique worked fine for her. But for me I was twisting the gun. I do pick up things quickly and she was pleased I didn't get it first go lol. Said I'd be superhuman if I did as everything else I've trained in I've been proficient after one go.

Latest posts

Back