How many refills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lindag

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just wondering how many refills you do before you ask your clients to soak of and get another set.

let me know how many wheather you use gel or L&P

Thanks

I personally don't believe that there is a number - it is down to the quality of the nails - I don't think you ever need to soak off just for the sake of it. If you use a product which will show signs of age, cracking, yellowing etc. then you probably will need to soak off and replace. Sometimes you will get a client who will choose to have a new set - maybe she will not like to see her own nails growing up behind the product.

I personally think that if techs are soaking off just because, say the smile line needs replaced and they only do white tips, then they need to improve their skills rather than make their clients pay the extra.

I think the ultimate for most clients would be to eventually have their own nails (ie. without tips) with a L&P or gel overlay.

I agree with Fiona, I currently do L&P and many of my clients want to have their own nails underneath the product.

Sue

naturalnails said:
I personally don't believe that there is a number - it is down to the quality of the nails - I don't think you ever need to soak off just for the sake of it. If you use a product which will show signs of age, cracking, yellowing etc. then you probably will need to soak off and replace. Sometimes you will get a client who will choose to have a new set - maybe she will not like to see her own nails growing up behind the product.

I personally think that if techs are soaking off just because, say the smile line needs replaced and they only do white tips, then they need to improve their skills rather than make their clients pay the extra.

I think the ultimate for most clients would be to eventually have their own nails (ie. without tips) with a L&P or gel overlay.

lindag said:
Just wondering how many refills you do before you ask your clients to soak of and get another set?
Let me know how many wheather you use gel or L&P

I agree with the others, there is no set number for these things. It depends so much on how the client cares for her enhancements, the quality of the products used and the quality of the workmanship.

Only soak off if there is a need ... such as the client has anihilated them or not looked after them or if esthetically they need improving for some reason, or if the product has broken down.

Again im like the rest of hte girls.

I only soak the nails off if client has had some sort of accident, for instance she has bashed them real hard and they are craked or whatever, or if i have a problem with my product (not very often). I myself started off with sculptured nails and now they have grown so much that it is just my natural nails overlayed with acrylic. I always get my clients asking me "are they your own nails" to which i reply, yep, but they have an acrylic overlay to make them stronger. They always say oh i cant wait til i have my nails like that!!

Michelle. xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back