How much do you get paid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
Am I allowed to ask this?! Just curious as to what everyone's wages are in this industry and where you are based. Or even what you pay your staff?

It really does depend on where and who you work for.

In my experience most salons pay a little above basic pay plus holiday pay, national insurance etc.

I am now self employed for about 4 years. Sometimes I miss having a set income every week, but I prefer to be my own boss etc and this far outweighs the problems of nasty people I have worked for.

I get 50% commission and my boss provides all colours etc, which i am really happy with :) x

I also get holiday pay :) x

I used to get minimum wage even with 12 yr experience. I now work for myself and can make 100-300 a week xx

Does anyone get a lot more than minimum wage? Or are most just over the threshold?

Other hairdressers I know are on minimum wage, I get around £130-£250 for 3 days In my salon on commission xx

£148 per week.

I get £250 that's 5 days sometimes I feel so outdone working in the salon as I fit hair extensions to and can go do 2 hours work and make the same it make in a day

195 for 2 days x

I've be self employed for nearly 8years, but my last employed job as a stylist I was on £7.50 a hour so reckon I would be on about 10 pound now, but I believe talking to other people on here this is not normal for most of the uk, im in Aberdeen the cost of living is quite high up here :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Between 400 and 600 a week self employed

My top stylist is on £9.00 per hour. My manger is £9.50 but has an incentive scheme where she can make circa £150 on top a month and had her mobile paid for. Flexible hours where necessary. I try very hard to look after my girls.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
My main stylist's are on £7.50 per hour plus 12% commission over double their wage which they mostly reach. I take anything from £500 -£1000 per week but I do have 2 salons with 14 staff.

www.hairtechnique.co.uk

I have worked for minimum wage for years making max £170 a week! Then I started working from home and I make £100-£300 a week now, I also work in a salon part time on a self employment basis so I have to sort out my own tax and don't get any holidays but my lovely boss pays me £11 an hour and I love working there!

My main stylist's are on £7.50 per hour plus 12% commission over double their wage which they mostly reach. I take anything from £500 -£1000 per week but I do have 2 salons with 14 staff.

www.hairtechnique.co.uk

I trained with the girl (jo) in the pic who's finished putting the tint on :)

I work 43 hours a week in the salon, I'm the only therapist apart from my boss who works two days a week. In my opinion I have a huge responsibility basically running the salon and keeping it running and I have a huge client base too. I am on £7 per hour, I have asked for an increase after doing research online about what my pay should be. Hopefully will be a nice little increase :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

My staff are self employed on 50% commission and I provide products, colour etc. they take home anything between 350-900 per week depending on stylist/ therapist. My stylists tend to take more than therapists.

My staff are self employed on 50% commission and I provide products, colour etc. they take home anything between 350-900 per week depending on stylist/ therapist. My stylists tend to take more than therapists.

Are you serious....£900 a week?

They earn more than my Lawyer friend!!!

You have got to be the best paid Salon I have ever come across in my life!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back