How Much for Clients???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn Elderkin

Reaction score
A couple of friends are thinking of buying a lease from an existing salon. This salon has been closed for a month and has minimal fittings and fixtures but does have 300 plus clients who look to be returning ones. What price for the goodwill do you think??? All suggestions greatfully received.

thanks

I am in exactly the same position, I have two salons already but have come a cross a salon that has closed down and was quite busy. I personally am not looking to pay a penny for for goodwill, since in my mind the shop is closed and so there is no goodwill. It will depend on the situation though as if they are in a lease they may just be grateful to get out the lease as they could still be liable for the rent, you may even be able to get them to pay you to take it off their hands !!! especially if ther are other empty units nearby. If however there is a high call for property near you you may need to pay a premium for the lease and the advice on price for this woudl need to come from a commercial agent. Have you spoken to the landlord yet to see his view ?

I payed six and a half grand for goodwill on my salon just to give you an idea of prices, hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back