How much has tanning added to your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou Ladies, sounding very positive so far. I

I will more than likely be setting up with Nouvantan, would you ladies say that their training is enough and that you felt confident after it?

I have only ever done manual tanning, and not much of it, so completetly new t spraying :)

Thankyou Ladies, sounding very positive so far. I

I will more than likely be setting up with Nouvantan, would you ladies say that their training is enough and that you felt confident after it?

I have only ever done manual tanning, and not much of it, so completetly new t spraying :)

Nouvatan all the way ... :)

Thankyou ladies!

Saving the pennies and Nouvatan it is! Hopefully just in time for summer! :)

I'm a mobile beauty therapist and Spray Tanning is my bread and butter! Without it I would have given up a long time ago! It's quick, easy and you've got that instant wow factor!

If I'm not tanning - I'm Shellac-ing!

Snap! Tanning really boosted my business without it I wouldn't have half my clients.
My main treatments are tanning and shellac.Xx

Ah I need a money tree!

I want Nouvatan and I want it now! Seriouly cant wait to get the training booked :)

Hi hun, i'm a mobile spray tan therapist & that is all i do. After training & practicing on friends & relatives I started spraying paying customers in February & have recouped my initial outlay for training & equipment already. I think its worth investing in x

if im been onist as much as i love my tans i find it really hard went frew a lot of tan and spending more than i earn using to much tan as well really need afew tips everyone seems to be doing well on here there is that mainy people that do it how cheap can you go ?x

if im been onist as much as i love my tans i find it really hard went frew a lot of tan and spending more than i earn using to much tan as well really need afew tips everyone seems to be doing well on here there is that mainy people that do it how cheap can you go ?x

Flawles, I saw your other post as well and it seems as if you are struggling a little with your application and that must be knocking your confidence.

Chin Up, things can only get better. It takes a while to get business in, some people are fortunate enough to have many friends and family members that are willing guinea pigs with tons of facebook friends all helping them get clients and ultimately paying customers, then there other people ( Like me) who don't have that luxury. Coming from abroad, all my family and friends are 5000 miles away so it was harder to get customers. My point is don't be impatient love, it will come just keep practicing get your technique right, watch the videos that have been recommended, if you are not earning enough yet, get a part time job to tide you over. Only buy small bottles of solution, they only last 6 months once opened and you don't want to throw money down the drain when unused solution has to be chucked out.
When you get busier you will feel a lot happier. Have a read through this thread for great ideas to get customers
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/83160-more-ways-promote-your-business.html

Good luck

Apologies to the moderators if I ought to have sent a private message, but I thought that the tip on the solution was worth mentioning as I wasted lots of money when I started out buying a litre of every color and only using a fraction before they went off

I've been tanning about a year now & things can still be slow for me sometimes.

this week baring in mind it's bank holiday weekend (so you'd expect I'd be busy) I've only done 3 tans.

Last week I did 6, & next week I only have 3 booked in up to now. that's with an offer on too (i don't do offers very often but for the last 2 weeks all tans have been £12.50 instead of £16) I work from home so no fuel costs at the minute, so I don't mind on the very odd occasion putting an offer on to get a little more business. (I won't be doing £12.50 offers when I'm mobile though!) I've got a day job so I can manage but would be screwed if I relied on this income only.

I tell you what I did last night.. took a photo of my cousins tan lines after I'd sprayed her, uploaded the photo onto Facebook & I've had 4 new enquiries just since last night. All of which I've replied to so hopefully I'll get some bookings from that.

I moan a bit about not being mega busy but I shouldn't really as I literally just have my Facebook page & word of mouth. I don't see the point in handing out leaflets when I'm not driving yet as on my leaflets I want to put I am mobile (which i will be soon!) so I'm just getting as many driving lessons done as I can & saving for my car, & fingers crossed by September I'll be mobile (that's my little goal I've set to be passed by) then I'll get leaflets etc..

I don't think tanning is a get rich quick scheme, I genuinely thought it was a year ago but I was very wrong lol.

xx

Thanks for the responses geeks.
I'm lucky enough to be salon based so i guess it will be different for me than it would if I was mobile.
I am paying and booking training tonight, for me it's an add on :)

Personal opinion mind but having worked in a fair few salons and being a tanning queen, I think it definitely adds to your business as well as brings you new custom. I would say it is one of the most popular treatments in the industry! Whether its sunbeds or spray its definitely worth investing! :)

im looking at spray tanning too just who with is my question im in wales i do nails too wow so much to concider isnt there pricing logos business name the list is endless cant wait tho can u hopefully before xmas im looking at courses including kits can any one recommend please and maybe we could meet up at the training day

Latest posts

Back