How much to charge for Wedding make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I charge £32.50 for the trial and £32.50 for the actual day. If they want me to travel to their location I charge £20 extra for this as im salon based, so close the salon while im with them.

i always do a trial and i have started at 5am i dont find it stressfull at all i have had some horrific brides bless them but if im calm they are calm and im not fiting against the clock as i always make sure there is way anoth time for the make up and any hair i am doing that is what the trial is for as well to make sure that you know your timings pazzy says she is the cheepst can i ask then what you charch for wedding make up including trial as i know in my area i can not be beet on price just intrested.

I'm in Sunderland..

I have done bridal make-up that long now I have recently met up with brides again that are now into their second marriages.

As for timings - because you do the hair you can make sure they are done in time - but sometimes I can be waiting on brides getting back from the hairdressers. I am calm - but you know brides get stressed out at most things - 'oh my god the cars are here'.

When it comes to cost - you charge what your worth. xx

Last edited:
i dont charge what im worth or i would charge a lot more than i do i charge what people can afford i might be blowing my own whisle hear but i have been asked to teach master classes on hair put ups at a collage so i am prity good at what i do but money is tight for so many people now days i like to think that my charges are in the reach of allpeople for there wedding or specila occasion not just the well off onece. and as i love doing what i do it's not like a job it's fun even when you get stressed out brides.

Well as it looks like your really good at what you do - the hair you do is beautiful - you will be surprised what people are willing to pay for a good job.

I can't justify those who charge £300 for make-up - even if they have done x amount of years studying. Those sort of prices are what they charge on tvI did 2 years at college - but that doesn't justify me charging loads for a make-up. I charge around £50 for trial and day make-up.

I charge slightly more for airbrush - because it takes longer to set up - and cleaning. It's a nice job - a nice stress.

xx

hi ladies thougt i would post here as a bride to be in nov/oct i thought that wedding make up was really expensive and was about to start looking at prices so if anyone near watfort or in that region of herts can let me know what the rate is around here i would be so grateful im proberly going to set the date for a friday as its half the price ! (venues and food )
many thanks in advance
xx
:)

Latest posts

Back