How much to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staceow

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment and would love some advice... I've just got my business cards and want a price list to match but I really don't know what to charge. I have done some market research in salon's and got there price lists to compare but because I am going mobile should I charge less or more than a salon. I know I will be using my own petrol and they are recieving the treatment in the comfort of there own home but should a mobile nail technician be cheaper or the same price as a salon? What you you think? x

Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment and would love some advice... I've just got my business cards and want a price list to match but I really don't know what to charge. I have done some market research in salon's and got there price lists to compare but because I am going mobile should I charge less or more than a salon. I know I will be using my own petrol and they are recieving the treatment in the comfort of there own home but should a mobile nail technician be cheaper or the same price as a salon? What you you think? x

I don't see why mobile prices should be lower than a salon - you will have to cover the cost of petrol and wear and tear on your car as well as taking into account that you will spend time travelling between clients. If you price yourself low you will spend all day driving around for not much profit - take from a mobile tech who knows......

IMO, mobile tech's who charge ridiculously low prices are partly responsible for the lack of respect shown to our industry. How can we expect to be taken seriously if it looks like we just do it for pin money??

I charge the same (or more) as salons on indulgent treatments like massage and slightly less on maintenance treatments like waxing. :hug: This way clients are attracted to the prices as some look like really good value. Paying no rent makes up for the petrol costs, plus you can claim money back in your tax return.:hug:

Keep prices high but competitive.

Look at how much you want to earn and how much your products cost you for the treatments.

Thanks for the feedback. I have took into account what you both have said and have made my price list, just need to get them printed off and hopefully the money will start flying in. Thanks again x

Hi Hun,
I would say charge the same as salons, the client is still in front as she has no travelling costs to a salon, and no need for child minders etc. Plus I have done mobile and think you earn every penny, it can be very hard work, especially in winter, I found it too hard, hence I have just set up a home salon.
It has to be what works for you. Good luck with it all, I know some techs prefer mobile, others like me are happier with our home salons, I did rent salon space too. I just think I am so lucky to have the choice.
Best of luck, be happy.
lotsa luv :hug:

Latest posts

Back