How often do you count up your small coins?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x Fee x

Reaction score
So as above really! I hate change. I hate it lying around in my bags, my coats, my couch, my purse and my coin pots.
Finally got around to clearing every last little copper coin and useless 5p lying everywhere in my house, bagged it all up in separate sandwich bags... And I have £80 to drag off to the bank tomorrow! Quite handy for those new Shellac colours :)

How often do you count up your coins and what do you do with them?

So as above really! I hate change. I hate it lying around in my bags, my coats, my couch, my purse and my coin pots.
Finally got around to clearing every last little copper coin and useless 5p lying everywhere in my house, bagged it all up in separate sandwich bags... And I have £80 to drag off to the bank tomorrow! Quite handy for those new Shellac colours :)

How often do you count up your coins and what do you do with them?
I count mine whenever my purse gets unmanageably heavy. About once a month. I save it for when one of my kids needs money help.

I hate loose change!

In my defence (!) I'm using euro's and I still struggle to recognise the smaller denominations when paying for stuff, so if I feel a bit hassled, I often pay with notes and end up with a huge amount of change in my purse.

Eventually, my husband sorts through it all and swaps it for notes and the smaller coins get added to my little boy's piggy bank. win:win. :)

I save mine in a large Tupperware box on top of the kitchen cupboards, once a year just before our annual trip to the caravan I haul the thing down to asda to the coin star machine and get my ice cream money :) I have anything between £50 & £80 normally, they say look after the pennies!

I'm rubbish saving small change. But I have a pot I put every £2 coin I get in. Last time it was full I had enough for an iPad mini.

I do mine every few weeks, as sad as it sounds i love putting them in the money bags when they're full! :D:D xoxo

My cousin does the £2 coin thing! There's no way I could break into a note knowing there's a £2 coin in that pot! :eek:

when my purse is full of change I pick up a few bits in tesco and go to the self service tills , tip the change into it and viola no more change without the hassle of counting it and have the correct amounts for the bags [emoji12]

My cousin does the £2 coin thing! There's no way I could break into a note knowing there's a £2 coin in that pot! :eek:

It's a teramundi pot.. So the only way to get anything out is by smashing the pot. It's a good way to save, once it's in it's in!
(Unless you put notes in there and sneak them out with tweezers [emoji85])

If you get a pot you can't open!

My mum used to rifle through our purses to help her £2 New York fund.

It's not as bad as it sounds!

We managed to go for her 50th. And we lost her when she was 53. So I'm glad that she rifled and we all helped her getting there!

Well as nice as it was to see how much I had, I think I'll be cashing it in far more often. My shoulder ached for hours after carrying all the change to the bank! [emoji85]

It's a teramundi pot.. So the only way to get anything out is by smashing the pot. It's a good way to save, once it's in it's in!
(Unless you put notes in there and sneak them out with tweezers [emoji85])

I've perfected the knack of emptying mine with a knife. Hurts my arms as you have to hold it up but definitely worth it. So far I've had spending money for 2 weekends away and bought my first guitar [emoji4]

This was the sad end for my silver & gold savings pot... There was a grand total of about 3 quid in there when it had its accident :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 98
This was the sad end for my silver & gold savings pot... There was a grand total of about 3 quid in there when it had its accident :rolleyes:

Lol! [emoji16]

That made me laugh out loud! Hope you spent that £3 wisely [emoji23]

I never count it, at the end of everyday I clear it all our 50p's and under I just throw them in a big plastic bread tub under my bed.

Once it's half full I take to my local supermarket and tip it in the coinstar machine. A few quid gets taken for the charity on the machine and I take the rest. I end up with a couple of hundred quid.

Last year I had enough for 2 bedroom carpets and a stair carpet - it soon adds up If you keep chucking it in

I never count it, at the end of everyday I clear it all our 50p's and under I just throw them in a big plastic bread tub under my bed.

Once it's half full I take to my local supermarket and tip it in the coinstar machine. A few quid gets taken for the charity on the machine and I take the rest. I end up with a couple of hundred quid.

Last year I had enough for 2 bedroom carpets and a stair carpet - it soon adds up If you keep chucking it in

Wow! That's me inspired for the car fund :)

My son and I are doing the £1 and the 1p challenge this year.

He saves a penny a day- each day one more penny than the day before, and I save a pound each week, and again one more each week than the week before.

By Jan 2017 I'll have £1378 and he'll have £668. That should make for a nice beach frolic somewhere! Though when I told the boy that (he's 11) his face lit up like a bonfire and he ran off to work out how many xbox games we could buy [emoji85]

Go for it, my tub is one of the old tuppawear bread storage tub...it soon mounts up - but don't count it until you tip in the machine and watch it rack up lol
Well done for teaching your little boy to save, they appreciate things more

I've perfected the knack of emptying mine with a knife. Hurts my arms as you have to hold it up but definitely worth it. So far I've had spending money for 2 weekends away and bought my first guitar [emoji4]
I have the knife knack as well I've chipped away at the top of mine which has made it easier [emoji86]

Every night when my boyfriend and I come home we empty our pockets, all tips I make go into a 5l absolute bottle aswell as all the small change then all the 2euro coins go into a pig for coffee and carpark. when it gets full we empty and use the money to make a memory :)

Latest posts

Back