How often do you do your own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanita

Reaction score
When you do your own nails, how often do you do them? I think about refills and do you do changes often? Like, one day you want glitternails, then you do it and maybe 3 days later your want white and pink? Im curious. :)

I'm terrible. I get bored with mine after about 1 week and start planning what I'll have next. I have purple and silver glitter sculpts on now but will probabily change them in 2 weeks. I hardly ever do a fill on them, as i'd rather just have something new on. Or i'll paint over them and do some nail art if time is tight.:lol:

i change mine like every week or sometimes less! i love Creatives metro powders at the moment with some diamontes added in somewhere along the line... but i also like havin Brisa Gels with dried flowers! they look very pretty. spose it doesnt really matter how often if u can do them yourself n u remove them carefully. i say the more designs u do on yourself the more ideas your clients can get from you!

CND-Tech said:
i change mine like every week or sometimes less! i love Creatives metro powders at the moment with some diamontes added in somewhere along the line... but i also like havin Brisa Gels with dried flowers! they look very pretty. spose it doesnt really matter how often if u can do them yourself n u remove them carefully. i say the more designs u do on yourself the more ideas your clients can get from you!
DITTO !!! XXX

more often than not near on EVERY WEEK:eek: and it irritates the hell out of me.

They just seem to get trashed.

Im loving my ...longer length, oval, 'diamnonds in the rough' glitter tips at the moment GORGE!

Amb xxx

Hi Seana

Im just the same , i get board then i can't decide what to have.
When you use your Creative metro powders do you mix them with any other powders or you just have the metro powder on its own [ then the pink/clear powders]? I must admit though i tend to use white tips more on me than any others.

Kim Klaws xxx

I think about changing mine every week .....but in reality I do mine about every three weeks sometimes 4 when I have time.....but will also say to keep them fresh looking I will apply a quick top coat to give them a spiff up so they continue to look nice......

Normally i change my designs every fortnight when my nails need infills I would love to change my designs weekly but dont get the time lol

jan XX

I do my nail every 3-4 weeks. I dont have time to do my own have a very busy work!! Would like to do them more often. Its nicer to have nice nails when you take care of your clients. Lucky for me i use gloves hihi.

Sandra

I'm so bad with my left hand that I don't even bother trying to do my own nails. I have a friend do them. I could DO my left hand just fine and they'd look good but if I were to try doing my right hand it'd look like sh*t so I don't even try. I get a fill every two weeks.
Michele

like most of you....i do my nails..love them.....then i go to work on clients nails and end up rounding the corners, or scrubfreshing them ....which seems to melt them pretty fast......so i take them off......get too busy to do them for a week.....then get fed up of my own nails and do a different set....then start the whole cycle again.

i always do something different..i am really into embedding and 3D acrylics at the mo, so i always do wild intricate designs, but it is finding the time ......and energy after a day doing nails!!!

Kims Klaws said:
Hi Seana

Im just the same , i get board then i can't decide what to have.
When you use your Creative metro powders do you mix them with any other powders or you just have the metro powder on its own [ then the pink/clear powders]? I must admit though i tend to use white tips more on me than any others.

Kim Klaws xxx

Hey Kim!

I use the metro powders on their own, mixing them with other powders such as pink or clear make them seem 'watered' down if that makes sense. They look alot more crisp if you use them on their own. I use them either just in zone 1 and create a smile line of using the darker colours and bronze/gold faded down. Very effective. Very popular with clients that like a single long lasting enamel look with the strength and durablity of acrylic!

does that help? xxx

Hi,

I wish I could do my nails more often but I'm to busy.... I have to write down my own name in my agenda to make some place for myself. I try to do them every 3 weeks and usually i'll start around midnight (that's my ownly free time :rolleyes: ).

It happens more often that I can do my left hand and then the right hand after a week....So I'm not the best publicity for my salon, walking around with two different hands :lol: with totally different nail-art.

Greetz,
Ruth

PS: sorry for my English...I'm not used to it...

I usually keep mine on for about 2 weeks just when they need a rebalance I have tried to do a rebalance but gave up it was killing me so now I just replace with something different.
I hate having the something on for to long :irked:

ive just done mine ... gosh really tough tom do today, for the last 5 weeks ive been wearing coloured gel - too easy to do i got really lazy - always looked fab, never chipped so just had to infil ! great, short neat sl*t red gorgeous nails !

today i fancied a change and have been missing my almonds, or stilettos, or what i like to call them my coney heads as im not too sure if get either the almond or stilletto shape correct !

gosh i tell you what feels like ive been on holiday for last 5 weeks doing coloured gels on myself .. these took me ages (looking good though ! im now wearing extended beds with Brisa warm opaque pink and clear with embedded silver disks on the ends) and im really struggling to type !

that'll be me now for 2-3 weeks - gosh you girls doing them every week must have the patience of a saint ! there is no way i could do mine every week and still love doing them, other peoples yes let me at em but mine no way especially my "doing" hand, i always do something wow and noticable and hope that i never let them go too long so they look awful !

one thing i do know though is whilst i get extremely frustrated at times doing my own, im chuffed i can do them and so are my clients, and it is practice i guess ! im so picky there is no way i could ask a friend to do them for me, its ok for me to critique my own work ! :smack:

kxx

Hey girls
I change my designs everyweek because i get bored too quick!!
I love having different colours on, currently thats creative Hop Pop Purple.
I only do my infils every 3 weeks ish because i just don't get the time, it still takes me quite a while to do them on myself, even after 4 years SHOCKIN!!

Latest posts

Back