How old were you when you had your first baby?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katie.michele

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I was just wondering how old you all were when you had your first baby? me and my bf are both 24 (lived together for 3yrs) and have decided to start trying!
One minute I'm like yes i want a baby and the next I'm petrified at the thought!
one of the main reasons is, i don't want my children to miss out on their grandparents and I also want to be able to be active and enjoy my baby! Which I think is easier when you are a little younger! I have loads of clients who have grandchildren and say they wish their children had babies younger so they got to enjoy their grandchildren, instead of them waiting till mid 30's and grandparents been 70-80 years old when grandchildren are young!

What do you all think about the right age and time?

(ps im pretty new to salon geek!)
thanks
xxx

I started having babies when I was 23, loved every minute they are my world but because i had them young, I can be young with them. It is tough but they are a real gift

I don't think you ever feel fully ready for kids but once it happens it's amazing and you wouldn't change it for the world! I was 27 when I had my little boy we planned it but it was still scary thinking of all that responsibility! His nearly 2 now and I'm so great full to have him :) x x

I was 22 when I had my first and 24 with my second. I became a nannie when I was 48 and I now have 6 grandchildren!!!! I don't think there is a right age - you will know when it's right!! Good luck x

I had my first baby at 26, i thought this was the right age for me as i enjoyed going out all the time. Im now 32 and my second baby is due any day now. We go out occasionally now but more for meals with our friends who also have children. x

I was 20 when I had my first, 25 now and pregnant with my second (6 days to go).

I think people are ready at all different ages, there's never a right time. If it's both what you want then go for it ;)

X

I was 17, 29, 30 and 31..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was 27 with my first and 31 with my second. I think everyone is ready at a different stage but for me I knew I was ready because I wasn't bothered at all about the sacrifices I was going to have to make. I've never been as skint and tired as I am right now. I've not been on a night out for about 3 years and no more lie ins (7am is a luxury!) Bit for me, I wouldn't change a thing and was ready to make those changes to my life x

Thanks for replies ladies :)
We will be the first out of our group of friends to have a baby, so it is quite a big thing for us! Who knows we might get the ball rolling with a few others ;)

xxx

Is just turned 17 when I had my first, I'm now 20 and had my 2nd 3 weeks ago :) xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I was 22 (18 years ago) - Never again! EVER. LOL..I'm packing my bags if I ever hear of the word "Grandparent!"

I had my first at 31 and my second at 33. I think the "right" time can be different for everybody, just depending on how you feel and/or your circumstances.

I didn't feel "ready" before then - it just didn't appeal lol!

I was 16 with my first, 17, 19, 23 nd 32, I wish I had the fitness of when I was 16/17 now and the patiences that I have now when I was 16/17 lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was 17.
I was a single mum until I was 24.
My daughter is now 20 & I am very proud of her.
Amy has a fantastic work ethic ( She is a carer for adults with learning difficulties) she is extremely responsible & mature for her age & lives in her own flat managing her money & responsibilities well.
I whole heartedly respect her as a person & love her dearly as my daughter :)

I was 19 having my daughter. I became a single mother and I love every single minute of it. I don't believe there is ever a right time if I'm honest. She is 3 now and we both live in our own house and are very happy :) xx

I was just 17, 20, 26 and 37
And a Nana at 39, 40 and 42

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was 23! I was single mum too! Loved it though x

23 with my first and 24 with my second! They are great kids and we are very close.

I was 17 when it had my 1st, 20 when I had my 2nd and thinking of maybe having a 3rd. I'm now 25. Evening maybe planning a 3rd is scary.x

Got to admit, I'm quite suprised at how young a lot of the posters above have been!

I was 27, had been married for 6 years (yeah, well tooo early!) before I had my first. For me, it was all about the financial situation - career, buying instead of renting, hubbys business etc..........

I always knew I wanted children, but never knew when I just wanted to know we were financially viable enough. Then, stupid as it may sound, I literally woke up one morning and announced I wanted a baby! Hubby said "what, now?" (I was in the bath when I announced it, so I think he had different ideas lol). The overwhelming longing for a child was a very unique experience, but I knew then that I was ready and stopped my pill that very day! It took me 18 months to fall for the first, nine months for the 2nd and a one-night oopsy for the 3rd lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back