How pushy without seeming desperate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBIC

Reaction score
Hi
Just started out a few months back and have only advertised on some of the free websites and a church christmas fayre brochure. Have a leaflet to drop but unfortunately was planning to do the drop on a Sunday but the weather over the three Sundays I planned on doing it at the end November / beginning of December was horrendous rain so never go out to do it. I do plan to leaflet drop my area myself and possibly outsource some drops further afield.

Sorry enough of the waffle!

I have had a few enquiries I assume from the free websites where they have phoned up and I have spoken with them and answered their questions etc but then they say they will call back and then never do. My question is do you follow this up with a telephone call or just assume they have probably also contacted a number of other therapists and gone with one of them? Obviously don't want to appear pushy but maybe not being pushy enough will get me nowhere, as I guess I have nothing to lose. Also another example, put a ad in the church christmas fayre admission leaflet and had a lady text me specifiying where she had got my number. She asked what products I use, I phoned her back and left a message on her voicemail but now nothing back from her. Again, should I try and ring again and follow it up or just assume that she also phoned another therapist who advertised in the fayre admission leaflet too and has gone with her!?

Fortunately I work part time in a spa so that kind of keeps me afloat but could really do with business picking up a bit.

Thanks in advance for any comments / advice.

I would follow it up. Even if you call back to say you forgot to mention you had some special offers on or you were just checking to see if she got your message.

Ive had messages left for me before that ive totally forgot to get back to and would of appreciated a reminder as im so forgetful.

I personally wouldn't contact those clients.

Sometimes when you start a new business, you will have a few callers that are from other Therapists or Nail Techs just sussing out what system or products you are using etc and are just being a bit nosey. (I know, I'm a right suspicious cow what can I say??)....Of course I'm sure most callers will be genuine.

Maybe keep their phone numbers and send a text with a special offer, or just a reminder of your opening hours and services you offer etc.

Best of luck :hug:

I am sure I read on here that before the customer hangs up and they havent booked just say to the customer would it be okay to take her details as you sometimes run offers on treatments this gives you a chance to always remind her that your about by texting monthly offers etc and if she is interested then am sure she will get in touch. hth xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

I personally wouldn't contact those clients.

Sometimes when you start a new business, you will have a few callers that are from other Therapists or Nail Techs just sussing out what system or products you are using etc and are just being a bit nosey. (I know, I'm a right suspicious cow what can I say??)....Of course I'm sure most callers will be genuine.

Maybe keep their phone numbers and send a text with a special offer, or just a reminder of your opening hours and services you offer etc.

Best of luck :hug:

I agree i wouldnt contact them either.

Thanks for all your replies.

An*Gel - Um you've got me wondering now! Yes could be another therapist checking me out, actually there was another one who advertised in the brochure and the woman that contacted me via text said "I got ur number from church newsletter xmas I think" - Well you'd know whether you did or not surely. Shouldn't imagine she'd have memorised my mobile number way back at the end of November and then just texted now!

Beauty Treat - yes part of me thinks I should follow it up as I have nothing to lose.

Classychick - yes may text them with some offers for Feb.

I think also some people are just impatient (people like me!!!) and if you don't text them back or are not available to take their call straight away then they move onto the next person on the list.

Thanks again everyone

Latest posts

Back