How soon can my daughter have a hollywood after stitches?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi peeps

My daughter gave birth six weeks ago, I did hollywoods for her right up to the birth and she is asking when I can start again.

She had a episiotomy and I said to wait until her check up which she is having in a couple of weeks and confirm with her doctor.

Is this correct or is there a standard time that you give to ladies when they have stitches?

Many thanks

H xx

Hi I would always try and leave it 6 to 9 months before going over any scar tissue.I think Habia recomend 9 months too.

People heal at different rates. I'd definitely wait until her doc says it's ok.
Ideally I'd wait a minimum of 12 weeks. I'm amazed she wants anyone near there so soon-lol

People heal at different rates. I'd definitely wait until her doc says it's ok.
Ideally I'd wait a minimum of 12 weeks. I'm amazed she wants anyone near there so soon-lol

Me too Angelina, she used to be such a woos, I tried to wax her first time about 18 months ago and I did one strip and she screamed, jumped up and wouldn't let me near her, even on her legs!!

Once she was pregnant she asked me again so she could be "ready" for her labour and I did the whole Hollywood without her so much as flinching, now she says its driving her mad and making her feel unclean and wants it gone.

I just want to be sure its safe so I told her I definately wasn't going near her until after her check.

Thanks for your replies girls

H xx

I had my c section 3 years ago and still can't stand to have it waxed :( I would have thought an episiotomy would be more sensitive..

I don't mind giving it a try and if it is too painfull for her to stop, I,m just worried I could end up tearing her or/and making her bleed!!

Episiotomy cuts heal quite quick. About 4-6 weeks and they should be fully healed.
As I said though, people heal at different rates and people can get infections or have problems so it's always best to get a doctors note.

A doctor really is the only person who can answer this for you.

Latest posts

Back