How successful are leaflet campaigns?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbird9t9

Reaction score
Flyers clearly are effective - so many people use them. I was wondering just how effective. For each 1000 flyers delivered do you expect an average return or do they have wildly varying results?

Also, when planning a campaign, have you found it best to target certain parts of town or simply blanket drop?

Hiya

The stats are for flyers you will get between 2-5% response. So for a thousand flyers, you would get between 20 and 50 clients. That's what the statistics show. However, I've delivered 100's of leaflets and never had a single client from them. There was a thread recently, somebody asking about newspaper advertising and a lot of people have had a great response from flyers. However, I've found that I get a better response from newspaper advertising. I have a fella that does leaflets for about £40. I can get a 1/4 page ad in my local paper for that and I always make the £40 back and then some. It depends on your area, how much time you've got to delver leaflets and trial and error. Hope this helps

Hi

Me and my sister went round and put 100's of leaflets through doors a few months ago and from those 100's I think I have had only 2 people!

I Agree . Never a great response fromleaflet drops to houses. Most people see it just as junk mail and never even read it !!! What we did is Targer local businesses, where there is a lot of staff , get them to put it up on their notice board in the office or canteen. I got my husband to do it where he works and got a great response.
Another good one is if there is a local coffee shop around , people will read stuff when they are having a cuppa, so ask if you can leave some leaflets in and give a bit of a discount to the staff or owners. I find when people come in they somtimes mention where they saw your leaflet.so it gives an indication if it works or not . You really have to try everything!!!! :)

I put a hundreds of leaflets out and only got 3 people from it. Now I don't see any of them! One became a regular for a bit then she dropped off. I think if you want to do it to get your name about, it's a reasonably cheap way to do it, if you can manage to deliver them yourself.

This time I'm going to find out about an ad in the newspaper when everything is finally set up. Also the coffee shop idea sound good - thanks handbagqueen!

I had 2000 leaflets made and delivered them all and had 1 response. Some people have said to me thet you need to keep doing it to get the customers but its alot of money everytime so i just advertise in the little local mag and through word of mouth.

hth :hug: x

You have to offer them something they feel they have to have.

I just made some postcards from vistaprint offering a free eyebrow wax treatment. I could have added with a haircut, which I didn't, b/c I want the good word to spread about me, and the opportunity to offer other services while they get their free service.

I will be handing them out personally to people (business owners, employees) the type of clientele I want to have.

I find offering a percentage off doesn't give the customer a hard monetary value in their head. Most people can't do that kind of math in their head.?Something like, 5 quid off your first haircut?

If you have a website, you can have a code put on the fliers they could punch in so you can track it.

If want, try offering something that doesn't cost you anything but your time and a little bit of product, free buff and polish, fringe trim, whatever you want.

Don't over discount, then people think you are desperate, and not very good.

I really love the local business idea! Im currently working with some local business' and offering an exclusive discount and treatment package to their employees!

Latest posts

Back