How to arrange appoinments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blingbling

Reaction score
hello im getting to start my mobile buisness . i have an iead of how i was going to do my appoinmetnts but i thought i would ask for some advice for you more experianced techs .:green:

I don't really understand what you are asking here chick?
I just have a appointment book, well it's actually in a folder and I buy the inserts when they have run out.
Hope that helps but if you could elaborate then we maybe able to help you further xxx

hello im getting to start my mobile buisness . i have an iead of how i was going to do my appoinmetnts but i thought i would ask for some advice for you more experianced techs .:green:

Do you mean in terms of leaving enough time hun?

Gigi, I've just read the thread you posted as a link....absolutely fantastic idea!!! :)

I sort of control my clients appts also...If they are retired or flexible, I get them in the early week/early afternoon appts. I save the evening ones for the working clients. Little fibs don't hurt and it does make things run smoother! Just don't ever let a client have a peep at the book! They'll be pointing at open spots and asking if they can have them lol

well i have allways worked in salons so i just thought that booking appoinments as a mobile tech would be different.

well i have allways worked in salons so i just thought that booking appoinments as a mobile tech would be different.

They are different you are very right there. An appointment that you think will be an hour can easily turn into more when mobile. You get people faffing about with the kids, stopping to get up to answer the door or the phone. Not all clients but some of them.
I would allow yourself a little extra time. I always try to book the flexible clients in on a day that I will be in that certain area, if that makes sense. This way i'm not wasting time on too much travelling.
When are you starting mobile hun? :hug: xxx

I will be starting end of this month I'm just advertising as much as I can and making sure I have got all my bits and bobs :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be starting end of this month I'm just advertising as much as I can and making sure I have got all my bits and bobs :lol:
thankyou for fixing my spelling geeg lol :smack:

Remember to factor in, your travel time, your set up and take down time and don't forget to bring change with you. I used to carry a £20 float of small change.
Have a dry run, put all your stuff in your car, start your timer and take it all out and set it up. Then do the reverse.
Bring your own rubbish bags, put all your disposables in it and take them away with you.
That way you know that no one is going to put something hot on top of monomer soaked pads or acetone:irked:
Also have a few runs out in your car in different directions for the radius you intend to cover at different times of the day.
That way you know how long it will take you to get to the client.
When taking bookings ask the client to clear the area where you are going to set up and make sure you take an extension lead just to make sure that you don't have to rearrange everything so as to reach a plug socket.
Pack a lamp. It amazing how many clients think you can work with ambient lighting:)
Keep the fuel tank of your car full. Check your tyre pressures regularly and the same for oil and water.
Lastly: SAFETY FIRST!!!!
Always make sure that someone knows where you are, call that person to let them know you have left and where you are heading next.
Bank your money often. Out side of banking hours you can still make deposits at most banks.
Don't leave your kit in the car over night. If your car was stolen, or broken into, most insurance companies will be reluctant to replace your kit.
Good luck hun and don't worry about laying down a few ground rules for your clients, they will just see it as you being very professional:hug:.

thankyou so much su thats some good advice. i must admit i am very nervouse about doin this on my own

Latest posts

Back