How to be a fairy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sals

Reaction score
This is a tad bizarre, but I really need your help troops.

One of the girls at work is leaving on Friday, which means that for some reason I can't quite fathom we all have to dress up as fairies:eek:

As I am significantly older than everyone else I suggested being Fairy Godmother (me and my big mouth:green:). Now I've got a tiara and my flatmate is making me some wings, but what on earth am I going to wear? I don't really want to spend anything and as we've just moved I threw a load of "dressing up" type clothes away.

Oh, and the girl who's leaving wants me in white.

Sorry for the random thread. Perhaps I'll just phone in sick.:lol:

Ask around your mates, see if they have an old wedding dress you can use,
if you are 5 foot tall and a size 10 you can have mine if that helps :hug:

white top, white trouseurs or skirt.
pair of wings £5 from claires
taira
wand
bit of glitter on your face

leave it at that!

can't see why you would need to go to too much bother with it.

I personally would wear

mini skirt and top, thick tights, boots, pair of wings, bit of glitter

if anyone asked, I would be a punk fairy.

Ive got a top thats perfect in my wardrobe, its a black strappy top with a tutu attached to it, £5 from TK Maxx, black and purple

Thanks girls. I've just remembered that I've got an old set of net curtains from the last flat. Maybe I could knock something up with them, even though I'm hopeless at sewing. Any ideas?

I can't believe I'm considering coming to work in net curtains! :lol::eek::lol:

What about a white or pale pink top or t-shirt, black leggings and sew the nets into a skirt to go on top? Depending on the shape of the nets it should be dead easy, get some elastic and thread it through the bits that went on the curtain pole, squish it up to fit and then sew the edges together to make a nice frouffy (is that a word?) skirt!

If you make it tea-length it will be very fairy godmother! If you've got time you could try a charity shop for a slip or a nightie to go underneath.

I'd phone in sick mate:lol:

Latest posts

Back