How to become an accredited trainer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael204

Reaction score
As the post says - what steps do you have to take to become an accredited trainer?

Reason I ask is that a lady locally is offering tanning training for £150 and as far as I know she was shown how to tan by another therapist and 3 months on is now prepared to train others!

The "certificate" you get will be from her - all sounds dodgy to me.

This is not sour grapes, I am not losing any business to her, it just concerns me that people may think they are getting something that they are not.

I guess anyone could print something off and hand out so called certificates. Someone I used I work with offers "accredited" courses! I've no idea if she has done it all properly!
As far as I know from briefly looking into it someone who designs their own course has to send it off to the accreditation centre and pay for courses to be recognised. It's hard work I would imagine and probably takes time and experience.
No wonder there are therapists out there with no clue and dodgy Salons all over the place!
I'd be interested to know how as a trainee you find out if the course is accredited. I'm guessing you would find out who the training provider is accredited by and these go direct to them for confirmation. BABTAC or the guild fOr example.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
Hth

It should have the logo of the whoever has accredited the course. Babtac, the guild, city and guilds. I would ask for the name if it's not clear when requesting info about the course, and if they don't have one then keep your money!

I was lucky when I was looking to train as I found Salon Geek and realised that there are a lot of people out there who take your cash and give you a worthless piece of paper!

Its the age old thing though - no regulation and no real recourse for people offering shoddy training and poor value for money.

Very frustrating when we all work hard and pay for proper courses etc

I was lucky when I was looking to train as I found Salon Geek and realised that there are a lot of people out there who take your cash and give you a worthless piece of paper!

Its the age old thing though - no regulation and no real recourse for people offering shoddy training and poor value for money.

Very frustrating when we all work hard and pay for proper courses etc

Ah well, if people are not going to research the courses they are paying for properly then more fool them. You definitely get what you pay for in this game. I've seen some shocking "training courses" advertised, and in even more shocking facilities. Ridiculous that it cannot be monitored more. :)

I know - such a shame when people get taken in!

I asked about this at the beauty show. I wanted to offer extension cutting courses, and advanced extension courses.

I hold a total of 8 city and guilds including mastercraftsman.

I was told I would have to go and do NVQ 2 and have my key skills checked!!!!!

They can stuff their accreditation where the sun don't shine.

I asked about this at the beauty show. I wanted to offer extension cutting courses, and advanced extension courses.

I hold a total of 8 city and guilds including mastercraftsman.

I was told I would have to go and do NVQ 2 and have my key skills checked!!!!!

They can stuff their accreditation where the sun don't shine.

That's ridiculous - you are more than qualified to teach!

Some areas are over regulated and other not at all!

Latest posts

Back