How to clean a brush so I can use a try me kit.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Upon Geeg's answer that I can buy a Creative try me kit, would I have to buy another brush to try it with, or can I clean the brush I already have? I got some brush cleaner with my NSI Attraction professional kit, can I use that, if so how, or will it contaminate the products? It says it contains "3-Butanone".

So far I've used my NSI brush with my NSI products & my EzFlow brush with my EzFlow products, & only cleaned them with the monomer, as I read was the thing to do, but if I keep buying brushes for each try me kit, this could become expensive!!!:green:

I should think your previously cleaned brush should be alright after all you are only trying the product out. If you were to go ahead with the new product you could alwayse invest in a new brush.

You are right to only ever clean you brush in monomer becase everything else will dry it out but in saying that to remove any excess monomer maybe cleaning it in a bit of pure acetone may do the trick or running it under a kettle of hot water ( a tip a learned form a creative embasidor for when you put the lid back on or all the hairs are squiffy it brings them all back together)
Well let me know how you get on
Good luck with our new system.
Martin

Tina just wanted to say I LOVE your Betty Boo :)

Jo x

i would personally buy a brush that isn't too expensive just to use with try me kits. I wouldn't use a brush for more than one product as it doesn't take much to contaminate them.

This way you can try any kit you want then if you like it more than what you're currently using you can then invest in the appropriate brush for that system.

I went to a Creative training class, and we received a professional kit. The instructor told us to choose which of the two liquids (retention+, or radical) to work with because we could only use our brush with one system. She told us that you have to have a different brush for every monomer, and that even if you think you've gotten the brush clean, you could still be contaminating it with the other liquid.
Sad though, because I know it's expensive to buy so many brushes.
As Talented Talons said above, you could try buying inexpensive brushes for the TRY ME kits.
I own 5 l&p brushes!! And I accumulated them all in the course of 3 years.
They are all for different liquids for the different systems I have.

Latest posts

Back