How to create these nails with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Just looking for some tips please ladies, I've got a new client who is getting married soon and she has shown me a picture of the nails she would like, I don't do a lot of nail art but would love to be able to do them for her, I use Shellac. I do rockstar nails but haven't done half and half? Any advice would be appreciated :)
X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420753590.969791.jpg

They are pretty! It looks like stamping to me, With glitter. If you don't do much Nailart this can be a quick & easy way of producing intricate looking work! If you do a thread search on here for konad stamping it should tell you everything you need to know x HTH X

Thanks for your reply, I have just recently started with Moyou stamping so will have a look at some of the bridal plates for the lace :)
How would you go about getting the glitter half so tidy? I was thinking maybe striping tape or similar while applying the glitter? x

Apply the colour and cure.thrn apply glitter and tidy it up with a clean brush dipped in isopropyl. Then cure. The apply the design in white with your stamping kit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You could also use empower nail art to stop the glitter bleeding. X

I don't use shellac, I use IBD Just Gel and Gelish but I can't imagine it would be too different...Personally I would apply your colour and cure, then apply your glitter polish to half the nail and cure. Topcoat this and cure then stamp the image onto the glitter (you could tape off the side of the nail that you don't want to stamp on) finish the design with another coat of top coat. Hope this makes sense I'm half asleep!

Thank you all for your help! I'm on with looking for a Moyou lace plate this morning and will have a practice on some colour pops :) x

I second Pinkiepromises suggestion. Sarah R on YouTube has some tutorials on using Empower for masking which are fab. I used it to do some Christmas glitter nails and the lines were lovely and crisp.

Latest posts

Back