How to create zig zag chevron nails with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123stephy_b

Reaction score
Hi guys as the title says how do you create it? I have a client who wants it in Blackpool and cream puff so don't know if it would be best to carve the zig zag in by applying base, cure, Blackpoolx2, cure, remove inhibition layer, then the cream puffx1 then carve, cure, touch up the cream puff if need be then cure then top coat??? Or do the cream puff first and Blackpool second?

I have no clue please help! TIA :)

Hope this picture attaches

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378418144.930024.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378418144.930024.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 16,222
You definitely want to do the Blackpool first, as it will require 2 coats, whereas you will be able to get away with 1 coat of Cream Puff.
x

You definitely want to do the Blackpool first, as it will require 2 coats, whereas you will be able to get away with 1 coat of Cream Puff.
x

Ah thank you at least I know I'm on the right track lol will have to get some tips out before the client comes on Saturday and get some practice in lol x

I was shown the same pic yesterday & my attempt was crap! I should of used a sharpie not shellac xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378418487.942733.jpg

You can use scotch tape and zig zag scissors to create the chevron :)

I was shown the same pic yesterday & my attempt was crap! I should of used a sharpie not shellac xxView attachment 42082

That's a great effort though! I have no idea how mine will turn out! Did you use the carving method or did you just go in with the shellac? I find doing nail art with Blackpool is so difficult and it goes very wishy washy I can never get it right so I thought carving would be the answers to that problem with this design?? Ahhhh lol xx

You need to use a stamp. Blackpool as the base and konad white over the top. The pure white konad is opaque enough to look like this. Or cream puff and konad black over the top if you prefer. I will dig out the stamping plate number needed tom for you. It's the only way to get the perfect chevron design.

Hi Lauren I'll post a pic of some I did using a small striping brush. They are not perfect however. I used Arctic Freeze Gelish as my base then Black acrylic paint as I find the black gelish is really hard to do nail art without freeze curing all the time xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378448102.037207.jpg

You need to use a stamp. Blackpool as the base and konad white over the top. The pure white konad is opaque enough to look like this. Or cream puff and konad black over the top if you prefer. I will dig out the stamping plate number needed tom for you. It's the only way to get the perfect chevron design.

Thank you so much! Only one problem is I don't own any konad stamping kits! I know I won't be able to get one for tomorrow but it seems like its something I'll need to invest in anyway so I have a couple of questions...

Can you use it with shellac instead of their own polish and secondly where can I get some from?! Thanks lol

Hi Lauren I'll post a pic of some I did using a small striping brush. They are not perfect however. I used Arctic Freeze Gelish as my base then Black acrylic paint as I find the black gelish is really hard to do nail art without freeze curing all the time xx
View attachment 42099

Wow they are amazing free hand! Hope mine turn out this well tomorrow haha wishful thinking x

View attachment 42099

Thanks Jojo 💛xxx

These look fab :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so just attempted the chevron nails free hand on a pop stick and it was awful lol not good. I have made my client aware that it's a tricky one so we will see if she would like me to proceed tomorrow lol x

I've done it using scotch tape with just polish I can't see why it wouldn't work with gels just cut the tape with zigzag scissors

I've just tried with tape and cutting the zig zags myself and the cream puff just leaked underneath so didn't go so well! Wish I could just draw it on with liquid eye liner lol

I haven't tried it yet but how about using these for chevron ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378492422.643197.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378492477.975631.jpg

I've just tried with tape and cutting the zig zags myself and the cream puff just leaked underneath so didn't go so well! Wish I could just draw it on with liquid eye liner lol

How about a sharpie? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back