How to deal with awkward clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskiani

Reaction score
Since going mobile, I have been having quite a few awkward situations, from requests to cut and shampoo hair naked. To the worst ones, husbands of the wives I have just done their hair for getting my contact details and trying in someway to begin an affair.

How do I deal with this situation, so far I never wb to their texts or emails and if they call and I realise it is not their wife my client, I make up a reason to go and hang up. I fear if one of the wives saw I would get a blame In some sense as I am a stranger in a way, and would lose a client and may get a bad name.

I'm happily married myself, and find these remarks from these men appalling and crude, should I just not supply a contact number for myself now to clients and if I need to contact them do so privately and just leave emailing as the only way of contact for myself.

Help! :(

Anyone else feeling a bit dejected that this has NEVER happened to them? Lol

If it did I wpuld just bring the conversation back to their wives

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey! Sounds like your having a bad time atm! I have lots of blokes ask for extras during massage and its so annoying! Stay professional and make it clear you do not offer any dodgy services and you are a professional and if they dont stop then drop them as a client, you dont need that hassle. Make sure you put them in their place otherwise you will never feel comfortable x

I just do not feel right bringing it back to their wives as do not want to push myself in their personal life.

When I get the naked and happy ending requests, I let them know, they are not services I offer in a professional manner. The husbands trying to crack onto me after doing their wife's hair always play the can I buy you a drink sometime card or since I have you a tip the least you could do is write back to me or join me for dinner. Those messages I delete and do not reply too.

I never thought going mobile had a weird dark side, shows my innocent and trusting side I guess.

The other month I was sent to an abandoned bordered up house and was tried to be robbed. A very dark side to the mobile hairdressing/beauty world.

I know do a lot more checking on my mobile clients, and am thinking of stopping mobile all together.

I've been in a position like this when I was working in a salon, being mobile would be even worse!
Unfortunately we deal with all kinds of people so I don't think we can do anything other than avoid the clients that are like this but being mobile would be harder since you're in their house!
And I would definitely not pass it into their wives, it's too personal.
I think being home based is a better option when it comes to situations like this.
Sorry if I wasn't much help! Xx

It sounds like you're just unlucky (or lucky) which ever way you want to look at it. at least With mobile you can size up the situation and get out fast, or just not go in. With home based Its a little risk who's coming to you, I've been in a couple of situations with home based, but it was my own fault, and my lesson is learned. I think it's going to happen in some form or another, you need to ignore, get out, stay professional. It's all part of the 'fun' :Scared::rolleyes::biggrin:

I have had the odd comment but I just ignore. I think men know how far they can get with me! Apparently I give them "the look!" I love a laugh and like people to feel comfortable with me, but I don't take any nonsense! With age comes wisdom, I guess! :wink2:

Sounds like you're having an awful time of it. I may be way off the mark but where are you advertising? Could you be attracting the wrong sort of clients? Hope it doesn't put you off!

Latest posts

Back