How to decorate this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
Hi ladies, this is a strange question to ask but I was looking for some decorating advice or opinions. In my house I have a lounge diner, in the dining room it is all been emptied out and that is where I do my nails from at my desk. I have decorated this to look comfortable and welcoming which is going down well with clients
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401796075.553510.jpg

Down the other end is my lounge which consists of two sofas, TV and a fireplace. the sofas and everything are always tidy for when guests arrive and the TV is always on the radio station such as magic for a nice atmosphere. But I was looking for your opinions on what to do with the fireplace.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401796116.371694.jpg
we've recently begun redoing the room to change the skirting from the dark mahogany brown to white, so I've painted the top of the fireplace and will be painting the woods surrounding it. We used to have an electric fire hanging up there but since having my daughter, we took it down because it's just too dangerous to have that so I'm thinking of painting the inside of the fireplace white, to give the illusion of space and light because the room is quite dingy. However, I wasn't sure what to do with the vast area inside the fireplace??
I've been toying with the idea of some flowers stickers or stencils, but I'm not very artistic when it comes to drawing? Wondered what you ladies would do if you had this to create a nice relaxing atmosphere? ideally, I'd love a big vase of artificial flowers but until my daughters older that's just not an option which is why thought about having stickers instead?
Any opinions or ideas are welcome look forward to seeing what you all think xx

Depends on your budget really but I would put up a fire guard/screen. You can get some beautiful ones in the quirky shops round where I live. I wish I had the fireplace like yours to use one.
In my old cottage I put some logs and some cheap fairy lights as the fireplace was condemned just to make it look bright and authentic. It was rented and I didn't want to spend much.

I have quite a small budget and don't want anything that is free standing as my little munchkin will make short work of it? x

I would paint it white like you said and perhaps look on amazon for wall stickers either flowers or quotes and they are easy to put on and are cheap to do and iv got some fairy lights hanging from my mantle piece which are just high enough so my little one can't reach.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't see how smooth it is, but you could buy 1 roll of really lovely wallpaper....or ask for an old sample book of quality wallpaper, probably free, and cut squares and rectangles from toning papers. Paste these, overlapping slightly, onto thick card or hardboard in the shape of the space and glue into place. You could also use mirror tiles - plastic, not glass for your little ones safety.

Latest posts

Back