How to do polka dots?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how did u do the dots im so confused!!!!!

The way I did them - I place beads of colour on the tip first and once I had the amount on that I wanted I then went and filled the whole tip in black. By the time you have finished the beads will then be covered by black but once you start to shape and file the beads will start to show through. If you want step by step photos let me know.

Is this all with L & P? i d love to give it try....:hug:

thanks for this thread ladies. i did myself a very simple set of p&w but put hot pink dots on the tips and they look so cute. Put the dots on 1st and it worked a dream!
cheers:hug:

thanks for this thread ladies. i did myself a very simple set of p&w but put hot pink dots on the tips and they look so cute. Put the dots on 1st and it worked a dream!
cheers:hug:
Got any photos hun?

I haven't got any coloured powder yet, might pop out and get some next week and try.

i have taken some- ill try get them uploaded. i did try the paperclip way but didn t work for me - as i ended up filing them off! doh.

so put some NSI Rose Technailcolour on in dots and put the white over the top- it turned out so well.....

Hi guys, Im so sorry if this is a really thick question. lol I wan't to do black tips with red polka dots. Am i right in thinking that I place my polka dots over the tip. Than place black acrylic straight all over the top and place my smile line and then file?? Surely wont the black cover the Red?! Sorry for being dull.

Hi guys, Im so sorry if this is a really thick question. lol I wan't to do black tips with red polka dots. Am i right in thinking that I place my polka dots over the tip. Than place black acrylic straight all over the top and place my smile line and then file?? Surely wont the black cover the Red?! Sorry for being dull.
Yes the black would cover the red but once you file to refine the shape of your enhancement then the dots will show through.
You wouldn't be putting a think covering of the black over them.
I think i'm right here?

its ok chrogers you do how you have said but when you file you take it all the way down til you can see the dots if you get what i mean. pm me if you still need help

i did it so my dots were quite "tall" then covered with the white. So when i smoothed over with the file it all leveled out!- and i love them :hug:

Latest posts

Back