How to do these nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodien1

Reaction score
Hi I have had a client request these nails and wondered what everyone suggests the best way to do them?would you use gold glitter or glitter gel polish?
Also what would you suggest for the nail itself ? I use nsi and could use white tips with for example peach blush? Or would you suggest anything else?
Thank you

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    993.1 KB
I'd use a clear or natural tip and you need to blend the opaque pink/peach of your choice with white powder. I'd just then top with clear powder and the gold glitter. You could use gold gel polish but you'd still need to encase the White/peach in clear first so you don't change the ombré when you buff the nail Xx

I'd do a set of baby boomer nails by blending opaque and white acrylic together.

Then use Clearly Pink Shellac, brush gold glitter on as a fade and then gold foil on the other nails.

Finish off with top coat.

I've just done a set of baby boomer with NSI cover rose blush and radiant white. I'd then add the gold glitter fade using either a gel polish or gold glitter polish or even a loose glitter scrubbed into the tacky layer of your gel top coat. Then use gold nail foils for the other nails x

Thank you
So do I mix the white with rose or peach blush? What ratio do you work with?

Thank you
So do I mix the white with rose or peach blush? What ratio do you work with?

No you don't mix them together, you fade each colour toward each other from either end of the nail.
So you apply your cover bead at Zone 3, and feather down to Zone 2, and then apply your white bead at Zone 1 and feather upward to Zone 2. I then also add a very small and slightly wetter bead in Zone 2 to further blend the colours.

If you aren't familiar with the 'baby boomer' technique look at some YouTube tutorials x

The Nail Republic has a fab tutorial for this on YouTube x

I've jumped on this how to thread instead of creating a new one... Anyone know how to recreate these? Is the tip foil? Any advice welcomed! X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448657849.124839.jpg

I've jumped on this how to thread instead of creating a new one... Anyone know how to recreate these? Is the tip foil? Any advice welcomed! XView attachment 192469
These actually look like stick ons... I'd do similar with a full application of Matt then a tip painted on after an foiled, won't be exactly the same but a similar variation x

Latest posts

Back