How to find a room to rent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

i have decided i would like to rent a room 2-3 days a week and carry on doing mobile the others, i have been keeping my eye out in shop windows, checking on here and on gumtree but nothing, how do people find their rent a rooms? should i write to all the local salons and ask if they have a room spare? thanks in advance :D

Hi. Where are you based?

Hi there,

I emailed all the hair salons that I liked in my local area...a few responded & I just took it from there.

You'd be surprised how many would love to have a nail technician x

Gloucestershire, oooo i may give everyone an email then, that's a bit less formal than a letter :)

Im advertising mine on gumtree. Not in your area tho.

i've been keeping my eye out on there but on the rare occassion one comes up it's not suitable, there is hardly ever any listings for anything in gloucestershire, maybe gloucestershire people just don't use gumtree??? :lol:

Just pop into the shop, introduce yourself and let them know you're looking for a room. If you can't face doing that then phone around.

That's how I've found mine.

Gloucestershire, oooo i may give everyone an email then, that's a bit less formal than a letter :)

Well my email was very professional...company headed with my logo and everything! Ooh errr missus! (Some of the responses I received were a bit unprofessional, from gmail accounts etc...so I ignored those!)

I might pop into a few a see how it goes. haha my emails looks the same, but with a letter i feel it's abit too formal, also you never know if someone has got a letter or if it has been chucked in a never ending pile of junk mail, emails are straight away :lol:

Well my email was very professional...company headed with my logo and everything! Ooh errr missus! (Some of the responses I received were a bit unprofessional, from gmail accounts etc...so I ignored those!)

Hi there could i just ask why you think a gmail account is unprofessional please? I would like to know as i employ a company to sort out all my online needs, website etc and i have a gmail account that they organised for me and i use this solely for my company.

Hi there could i just ask why you think a gmail account is unprofessional please? I would like to know as i employ a company to sort out all my online needs, website etc and i have a gmail account that they organised for me and i use this solely for my company.

I tend to send emails from my professional email account which is [email protected] to me, it looks a bit more professional.
I also make websites for other companies and included within that is a professional email address which is obviously based on your hosting server rather than on a generic online server which you could create yourself and therefor not need to pay for. If you're being charged for a gmail account you should really discuss that with the person doing your online work for you as that is totally unacceptable.

I've just read my response again, and it is no way meant to sound harsh towards you...I apologise if it does.

You just shouldn't have to pay for an generic email address as they are free to anyone that uses the Internet...you're not paying to host it etc.

Like MummyCat, I also design websites for businesses - it was my career for over seven years.

Gmail, hotmail and yahoo type accounts really are not professional for businesses, especially when they have their own domain name.

Having [email protected] is part of your integrated marketing. People will tend to take you more seriously.

Right, back to my rent a room research...

Hth x

Latest posts

Back