How to get big hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emcmillan

Reaction score
I want big wavy hair (cheryl cole style!!) ive tried curling with straightners (oh good lord what a disaster!), velcro rollers (hmmm lasted all of two minutes!)...nothing is working! I was going to purchase heated rollers but I cant seem to find any big ones - well there are ones but you only get about 4! I backcomb etc but nothing seems to work! My hair is about shoulder length/just below, its normal to thin I would say....how do i get the big glam american hair look!!

Curling wands are great! So easy to use & a beautiful result. Realistically speaking, Cheryl's hair isn't hers so you're not going to get it to look like that without any help from the likes of extensions/hairpieces. There are some hair powders on the market which you sprinkle at the roots for volume, maybe try those? I think Tigi do one :)

a really good 'foundation' product makes a huge difference to keeping the volume and waves in, i've foung Tigi ones to be great, prep your hair with Totally Baked, pop in your velcro rollers and when you take them down use some Sugar Dust at the roots and it will keep the volume in, its a handy small size too so you can keep it in your bag in case you need a wee boost throughout the day/night xxx

Ruberio's advice about foundation products is really good.

If you are near to a hairdressing college, perhaps offer yourself as a model to students doing creative and hair-up units? They can practise on your hair (as they're bound to get bridal clients with fine/thin hair in the future) and you can see what products and techniques work well on your hair before you invest in any electrical appliances and products.

Personally, I don't use curling wands very much as I prefer to use a curling tong or heated rollers but Velcro rollers in damp hair will work much better for your hair type.

Latest posts

Back