How to get Going

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
I passed my CND foundation course in November. I am moving abroad in April, but really need to get going doing people's nails so that i can perfect and practice. I am thinking of getting a part time job in a salon or posting leaflets through doors to get going. I am not sure though what the best thing to say is? I want to let people know that i am recently qualified and therefore i am not yet doing perfect nails. Also if i do start to get a customer base i'm going to end up leaving them to move abroad.

The longer i leave getting started the longer it will take me to do perfect nails.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get going, or what the best thing to do is?

Thanks

I would suggest that you advertise and offer a discount for a fixed period as you are new and inexperienced.

Don't worry about going abroad yet, just get some clients and get going - good luck:)

I would do leaflet drops and do your friends and family, offer discounts for limited time, word of mouth soon gets around. Best of luck for the New Year. xxx

Thanks girls for the advice.

One more thing, would you suggest that i get Clients to come to me or should i go to them?

Happy New Year

x

One more thing, would you suggest that i get Clients to come to me or should i go to them?

or why not offer both if possible? Gives them the best of both worlds then, and means more practice for you :hug:

I've just done a leaflet drop advertising that I'm new and so charging disounted model rates. I'm only mobile at the minute as this was the cheapest option for me as I already have a car and business insurance. If I get call for it, then I may work from home too, as I don't want to shell out on extra insurance, business rates etc until I know it'll pay off. Maybe you could do something similar?
I'll let you know if I get any calls from the leaflet drop. Hth:)

Latest posts

Back