How to get into Education?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
Hi there, I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I get into being an educator in nails? I am wanting to take my career to that next step, but I am not sure how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Natalie

xxx

Me too! I'd love to eventually become an educator.
I know CND do a good programme to get you up there, after all your basic courses you do your masters and then go down the educator route.
Check out sweet squared, I'm sure they have the info you need.
xx

Thanks for that, but the other threads really only look at working for creative and that is something I 100% don't want. It's just that I want to work at a college. I see they talk about doing teaching NVQ's on other threads and I am just wondering what this is and how I go about doing it? Is it the same as the certificate of education?

Many thanks in advance.

xxx

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I get into being an educator in nails? I am wanting to take my career to that next step, but I am not sure how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Natalie

xxx

Given the fact that you are pregnant i think once your baby comes along you will find you don't have the time to commit to college teaching,
it is not just the hrs at college you work but lots of hrs outside college doing paper work, marking, lesson plans etc...

you need NVQ qualifications in what you want to teach and teaching qualifications, you would start with the 7303 and take it from there, hth :hug:

Given the fact that you are pregnant i think once your baby comes along you will find you don't have the time to commit to college teaching,
it is not just the hrs at college you work but lots of hrs outside college doing paper work, marking, lesson plans etc...

you need NVQ qualifications in what you want to teach and teaching qualifications, you would start with the 7303 and take it from there, hth :hug:

I think that is for me to decide.

Many thanks for the info about the courses. I'm going to start looking into those straight away.

We can always rely on slon geek for help :hug:

Many thanks for the info about the courses. I'm going to start looking into those straight away.

We can always rely on salon geek for help :hug:

You have to have a cert ed to teach in college (louby lou is quite right) and you have to have an NVQ in your chosen subject of teaching (right again). Lots of work to do there first before you even begin to teach. As for Louise trying to give you some advice on the level of commitment and work involved ... she was right again, and was not I believe meaning to make your decision for you..

Many of the Creative Ambassadors FYI teach in college and none of them work FOR CND ... they are all independent contractors with their own businesses. There is allot you may not know about how things work at CND so a little investigation might be enlightening for you.

It is a very challenging route to even be invited to try out to be a CND Ambassador but very rewarding if you fit the criteria. The person's attitude is one of the most important aspects we look at. It's not really about them taking THEIR career to the next level at CND .. it is about them taking OTHER people to the next level ... a desire to help the students get it.

Latest posts

Back