How to get rid of red tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a male client who has about 30% grey hair (mainly at the front)on a natural base of about 6. Anyway, i have been using Koleston 6.0 hoping this would lesson the red and give a flat colour but the red still comes through alot even though naturally there is not any. I did use the ash tones but they gave a khaki tinge so i am after suggestions. Have thought about doing half 6.0 and half 6.01 with 6% peroxide. Hope you can help!

Use 10 vol instead, then you will not create lift, which is causing the orange undertones in the first place.

yes u need to use 3% to just put colour in, any more than that and you will get warmth!:D

wella bases come out warm in my experience regardless, i wud use colour touch and do hald 6/0 and half 7/1. shud give a natural enuff blend of the greys x

Will 3% be strong enough, the instructions start with 6% only.

your 3% will be fine. I did ask my Wella rep about this and he said wella don't do a 3%, and if I needed a 3% to just use 1.9% or 4%.....but just go ahead with the 3%.

Latest posts

Back