How to get started ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailer

Reaction score
hi i trained in nails 2yrs ago but felt out of my depth with doing clients . i wanted to be really good so done more training in the areas i lacked. i am not too confident in doing them as i know there is so much to learn still...i'm not really that fast either,and worried my work would look like a novice!!!but i know no clients would come to me if i tell them i've just started out in this career.So i keep puttiing off getting my busiess started and have now been doiing a different job part time....HELP!!
What should i do...i really want to do this line of work and enjoy it but seem to be un able to get off the starting post? is this normal?has anyone began like this and if so what did you do?thanks...............:)

But you have not just started, you have been doing nails for 2 years,
stop putting yourself down and give your self a kick up the rear girl,
rent a table in a hairdressers for a couple of days a week to get yourself into the swing of things,
your times will soon speed up when you are doing clients, this just comes naturally,
put up photo copies of your certs so the clients can see how long you have been qualified and act your butt off,
don't tell them you haven't put your skills to good use, just say you have been working from home until now,
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are the busiest days, hth :hug:

Thanks i will look into your idea. So i'm just scared and lacking confidence then..Fab you have got me feeling better about the situation. So i need to get clients and go for it, and should i then go for more polish up training in infilling and sculpting? and thank you again...

Thanks i will look into your idea. So i'm just scared and lacking confidence then..Fab you have got me feeling better about the situation. So i need to get clients and go for it, and should i then go for more polish up training in infilling and sculpting? and thank you again...

I would find a table to work from and then asap book a training course in the area that you feel will help you the most,
this will give you some confidence and light the fire for you to be eager about nails again :hug:

Latest posts

Back