How to get to this colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzxxx

Reaction score
To get this colour of the pic wondering if I'm better off using a mix of 3 parts 9/03 n 1 part 8/34. Or a wella illunmina 9/43 on it's own. On a level 8/9 all over with touch of regrowth level 6. Many thanks for any advice it's a colour I've never tried to recreate before. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399022558.688838.jpg

To get this colour of the pic wondering if I'm better off using a mix of 3 parts 9/03 n 1 part 8/34. Or a wella illunmina 9/43 on it's own. On a level 8/9 all over with touch of regrowth level 6. Many thanks for any advice it's a colour I've never tried to recreate before. View attachment 63898

???

I would do 9/43 by itself x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks like highlights and lowlights

I would do 9/43 by itself x

I'll try that first, no shops seem to have it in stock that I've tried.

Look like a washed up mess does someone want that colour? id dsay its an 8.4 faded up

Look like a washed up mess does someone want that colour? id dsay its an 8.4 faded up

Lol really I think it looks beautiful n different from blondes

Thats fab response hun if we all liked the same thing what a dull world eh. Is it a celebrity she looks familiar. I think she went a bit ott with the batisse on her roots tho. Ii think you will only get that colour after a present ones faded or you would have to lift it up and put a demi tranluscent to see that effect.

What about 8/34 with 10/0?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used 8/43 and /10 illumina as couldn't get hold of 9/43 and came out lovely :)

What about 8/34 with 10/0?!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds good torn between 8/34 or 8/43 to mix with it

I used 8/43 and /10 illumina as couldn't get hold of 9/43 and came out lovely :)

I cnt get hold of 9/43 either from hairways or Sally's. Can get it online tho.

Wouldn't use the illumina as they are more cool based shades they are better for more ash blondes in my opnion. Koleston are warm based and so rich. Definitely recommend

Wouldn't use the illumina as they are more cool based shades they are better for more ash blondes in my opnion. Koleston are warm based and so rich. Definitely recommend

But isit the 43 in the 9/43 a warm shade? I never used it myself I'm still trying to get hold of it in shops. What would you use to create this similar colour x

But isit the 43 in the 9/43 a warm shade? I never used it myself I'm still trying to get hold of it in shops. What would you use to create this similar colour x

Ye Im a bit baffled I would of thought a 43 would be warm too its still the same numbering as koleston. Cant see how the hell that would be cool as in ashy. Isnt a 43 Red Gold in Wella? On the Illumina oage there is a lady with that sort of colour on the page when u scroll down ILLUMINA COLOR by Wella Professionals | See colour in a new light

You could ring there technical advice number and ask what that colour is it looks really similar.

Why don't you just take strand tests,I tried about 3/4 tests and best one I found was /10 and 8/43 but then that way you can see how products come out x

The illumina colours are violet based but the /43 would still be warm but I don't think it's as orangey as the koleston. I haven't used it though, just seen pics on here x

I've used the 9/43 and made an 8/43 using the 9/43 and the 7/43 as they don't make an 8/43 and neither were cool in tone they are just as warm as the picture . Lovely shades and the colour does look beautiful .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illumina has a violet underbase, so 9/43 has a slight strawberry tinge to it, which this photo has. If you cant get hold of 9/43 I would do 10/04 & 8/43 equal parts koleston and use pastel developer with 2cm per 30g of tint /65 mix. There is deffonately a slight violet/pinky tinge in there. Or if you can get the older shades of illumina 1prt 10/36 & 2prts 7/43 with pastel again would work lovely x

Latest posts

Back