How to kindly ask people to stop wasting my time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Faye

Reaction score
Hi geeks I've been doing hair extensions for 3 months now and had only 4 actual clients who have had extensions. But I have people everyday asking about them, they want lots of details which I send to them.answer lots of questions they have then don't hear anything. How do you decide who is actually interested or just wasting your time? Sorry just got to the point where I'm fed up of it xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you on the internet? If you are maybe do a FAQ page. Or maybe put together a leaflet with them on so you can hand them to potential clients to save all the same questions being asked again and again. I always refer people to my Facebook page with my prices on, sometimes can save a lot of messages/texts xx

Are you on the internet? If you are maybe do a FAQ page. Or maybe put together a leaflet with them on so you can hand them to potential clients to save all the same questions being asked again and again. I always refer people to my Facebook page with my prices on, sometimes can save a lot of messages/texts xx

Thank you, I will do that.never thought about it but now makes sense xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a standard email I send to people and loads on my website. However I also think you just have to factor into your business model. It's a really high value service often performed by people with extremely basic training so I sort of think people are entitled to ask as much as they want and also change their mind or go away and think about it. I know it's annoying when you think you have a client then communication goes cold but it happens to us all, joys of running your own business I guess. Maybe you could approach a few that stopped messaging you as market research to see why they didn't follow through with the appointment, maybe you can tailor things a little to get more actually booking in.

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have prices, & full details on my page yet people still inbox me asking for information. Sometimes i feel rude referring them to my notes on the fb page but then the next i spend an hour sometimes days passing messages back & forth for them to go & book in with someone else, It is very disheartening. So ive started giving out some info & then saying for more accurate pricing & info its best if i see them at a consultation then i can check their hair & know im offering the best advice suited for them. Most say " no it dont matter then thanks " but at least i aint wasting hours/days. Some people are cheeky & want all the info on behalf on another extensionist, ive had this quite a few times, wanting to know where my hair is from how much do i actually pay etc, or is xyz amount a good price because joe bloggs charges this much , honestly you get some right ninnys at times. x

Latest posts

Back