How to lift base 6 ish hair to white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claires hair

Reaction score
HI IM USING BLEACH TO LIFT THEN 12.22 WITH 3% ..OR 11AP ITALY AND JUST BEEN RECOMMENDED TO USE P01 LOREAL LUO COLOUR ???? HAVEN'T TRIED
IM TRYING LOTS JUST WANTING TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEEPS USING. AS ITS TAKING AGES AND WOULD LOVE TO SAVE TIME AS IM A MOBILE TECH.....
ALSO ANYONE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH A BLEACH AND TONE 2 IN 1??? I HAVE ALWAYS DONE A BLEACH FIRST THEN TONE....??? THANKS PEEPS CLAIRE ****:rolleyes:

HI IM USING BLEACH TO LIFT THEN 12.22 WITH 3% ..OR 11AP ITALY AND JUST BEEN RECOMMENDED TO USE P01 LOREAL LUO COLOUR ???? HAVEN'T TRIED
IM TRYING LOTS JUST WANTING TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEEPS USING. AS ITS TAKING AGES AND WOULD LOVE TO SAVE TIME AS IM A MOBILE TECH.....
ALSO ANYONE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH A BLEACH AND TONE 2 IN 1??? I HAVE ALWAYS DONE A BLEACH FIRST THEN TONE....??? THANKS PEEPS CLAIRE ****:rolleyes:

Hi, one step bleach and toning is usually meant for off the scalp
techniques like highlights ect .....

I don't know what make your 12.22 is ?...... is this a high lift tint with tone ?
if so this will be no good after a bleach for toning as it will sting the scalp off the client and isn't really made for toning alone,

after bleaching you will need to pick something from the pastel toning range which is usually from the 8 , 9, or 10 ranges with a mild pastel developer ,

If her hair is very dark then I would get her to think twice about bleaching because no matter how kind or what type of bleach it is
it will always cause untold cause damage on very dark hair..... and breakage can occur even at a later date

Ps..... I suppose if it was getting cut very short all the time it would be ok to bleach from a darker base ,

Anyway for easy no sting bleaching from base 5 upwards
you may find the older post helpful below ,

Hi, I use a high lift bleach called Blue frosting gel lotion by proclere oil bleach
its in a dark blue box with pale blue writing
its specially made for on the scalp bleaching only
from a level 5 it produces up and beyond (that very pale blonde )
without the burning or the itch ,
it comes with sachets of blue frosting boosters for the degree of lightness you want

it's so much less discomfort for the client and you only ever use 6% with it
check it out its fab and fast too .
you can buy a single application box which has in it a bottle of blue oil gel bleach and some booster sachets , so you only need to add your 6% developer

I get mine from salons direct or sallys
they also do proclere toners for afterwards
to tone bleached hair , these are made to go with the bleach
and they have
a range of tones that dont get any grab,
just ask to see the colour ring ,

Wella also do a lovely Colour Fresh toner for blonde bleached hair in 0/6 sliver ,

The hair first needs to be lightened past that baby chicken yellow blonde and up to that light creamy stage
(just like the inside of a banana skin) with the Blue frosting oil gel bleach ,

(but don't go past the creamy stage or condition may be lost and toner will not hold ),

Then when the 0/6 toner is used after washing off the blue frosting oil bleach ,
it will give that white platinum blonde look
or use the proclere range of toners,

Ps , always follow all manufactures instructions and always perform strand tests and skin tests before any bleach or tint procedure

:hug: minky

I'm sure this is a repeat post, as I replied way back.

The 12/22 is a highlift Schwartzkopf I think. Use 9.5/2 with 3% to tone.

Hi yes , I thought I had seen it somewhere before :lol: x minky

Latest posts

Back