How to make a facial 1 hour long

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea27

Reaction score
Hi,

I started working in a salon recently and I have been doing quite a few facials. I have no problem making specialized facials (use of galvanic, steam and extraction) an hour long but I find if the client just want a basic facial - cleanse, exfoliation, masssage , mask , I am struggling to make it an hour long. Often they will say they don't want steam/extraction and that takes good 10-15 out of that hour.
So how do I make the facial an hour long? any advice very much appreciated.

If it's just a basic facial it's 45 minutes isn't it? Obviously if you're eliminating part of the treatment it's bound to take less time :)

Do things slowly if you still want it to take an hour! Extend your massage, make your moves slower, and add a move to each sequence! That would add at least 5 mins! Do your cleanse slower - dont rush through it, make it more thorough (even if its perfect already!) :)

Otherwise i dont see a problem with it taking less time :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

If it's just a basic facial it's 45 minutes isn't it? Obviously if you're eliminating part of the treatment it's bound to take less time :)
Hi, no it's an hour long, that's what's in the price list and I don't want to be cutting the treatment short = client might not be happy

Do things slowly if you still want it to take an hour! Extend your massage, make your moves slower, and add a move to each sequence! That would add at least 5 mins! Do your cleanse slower - dont rush through it, make it more thorough (even if its perfect already!) :)

Otherwise i dont see a problem with it taking less time :)

Thanks, yes I already try to be really slow, but always end up with 5-10min left and just end up sometimes doing an extra hand/arm or scalp massage. But then again I already massage the hand/arm/scalp while the mask is on and I feel a bit funny about doing in twice.

Maybe that it's your rushing it without realising.
Just be slower and more rhythmical with your movements and give a longer facial massage.

Hi
you could do the following
  • eye/lip cleanse
  • brush cleanse(surface dirt/debrie
  • manual hand cleanse (deeper and more moves)
  • tone&blot
  • hot towel
  • exfoliate (orexfoliate then towel) personal preference)
  • massage (20mins) shoulder/neck/face/scalp etc
  • mask (10min-15mins
  • do hand& arm massage
  • remove mask
  • tone/blot
  • eye cream
  • moisturise
This should take an hour if spread out appropriately HTH:D

Have you included consultation and after-treatment advice?
Plus, definitely do double-cleanse.

Maybe that it's your rushing it without realising.
Just be slower and more rhythmical with your movements and give a longer facial massage.

Thats exactly what i thought, too. With experience people get quicker.:)

Have you included consultation and after-treatment advice?
Plus, definitely do double-cleanse.
Yes, I have. Thanks. I do double-cleanse. I will try to make all my movements a bit slower.

How about starting with a bit of a back massage.People always appreciate that or very slow finger pressures along accupressure points is good too. Also have on really slow relaxation music.I do find i time my movements to the music.I have one that has a really slow heartbeat sound in the background and i get slower and slower and almost fall asleep myself :D.

we were taught that its an hour from when they get on bed. i agree i always do a pre cleanse, cleanse, exfoliation, mask 10-15 mins, whilst thats on i do a hand & arm massage, then 20 mins massage of face, nack & shoulder massage. tone, blot, eye treatment and then moisturise. take it nice & slow and that hour will soon be up.

Latest posts

Back