How to-nail shape?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
How do I create this nail shape using acrylic, do I sculpt them or use tips?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They are short enough to use stiletto tips if you want to, but you can sculpt, or even just use regular tips and cut them prior to applying the acrylic/gel.

So just cut them into a triangularish shape lol made up a new word! Tia

I file them after I've finished my acrylic application, with decent files it takes me no more than around 12 minutes :) if I was filing them square I'd say it takes me around 10 minutes.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes, if you basically cut a straight line from the centre of the tip to the sidewall on the left side, and do the same on the right side you will have an instant perfect stiletto.
Cutting the tip will give you nearly zero filing too.

Emily 12 mins is a long time. I don't spend anywhere near that....

I sculpt and use my brush to build the final shape. Other than to refine I spend no time filing the shape, waste of time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not sure how, I do a full set from start to finish so I'm not a slow worker, as I say, it's 10 minutes to file square there or abouts...

So, add that 10 minutes onto the 2 cutting out the tips I can't imagine it being quicker... Not arguing, just curious 😃

You have got me wondering now though, I'm going to time myself tomorrow and see if 12 minutes is about the right estimation 😃

How do I create this nail shape using acrylic, do I sculpt them or use tips?

Can be done with either forms or tips. Down to personal preference. Tips are easier to apply acrylic to because the shapes already there but you have to take time blending the tips. For sculpting you need to spend more time filing. Id say if youve never done this shape before use tips x Good luck

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back