How to rectify a patchy tan on legs help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breezy

Reaction score
I had a look on a few threads but spray tanned a client who I have before and was fine and sprayed again last night an said patchy on her face & legs. She looked fine as she left. She is coming round later to rectify it as she has a wedding. I have maxi mist so help please what do I do to make it look even it's never happened before. do I need to exfoliate or spritz over please help havent seen her yet but want to make it look perfect as she has already booked in for another and want her to come back !!! Thanks for your help in advance x

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago and it turned out that the client had showered just a few minutes prior to having her spray tan. I always advise clients to shower, do hair removal and exfoliate the day prior to having a spray tan to avoid patchiness.

HTH x

yeah something she could have used pior to her tan could have caused this ,or maybe her skin was to dry and dehydrated.

Or is there a possbility she could be pregnant? as hormones n first trimester can cause patching HTH

i'd ask her to exfoliate again as best she can, make it clear no products and respray her. i don't know what else you can do to be honest if you've given her before and after advice and you are certain it's nothing you have done.x

Well she came back it wasn't a streak so it wasn't my technique it was a really large area where the tan for some reason hadn't taken she said she exfoliated before the tan etc so I just resprayed and made sure it looked even before she left again. I am gutted as after really good reviews was gonna change to the solution but maybe I shouldn't. used a sample of A-tan the 1st time so going to buy that I think instead.

Well she came back it wasn't a streak so it wasn't my technique it was a really large area where the tan for some reason hadn't taken she said she exfoliated before the tan etc so I just resprayed and made sure it looked even before she left again. I am gutted as after really good reviews was gonna change to the solution but maybe I shouldn't. used a sample of A-tan the 1st time so going to buy that I think instead.

Could the un-tanned area have been from where she had crossed her legs or rubbed the solution off walking past something - rather than assuming it just didn't take?

It is more likely to be a client issue than it is a solution one. Clients will never own up to doing wrong but if you know you sprayed her well and there were no issues when she left you then it is most likely outcome.

It could be that she leant on something..... stupidly the night before my wedding I agreed to paint my neices nail varnish, knelt on the floor and thought nothing of it. I'd followed all the pre care advice exfoliated, shaved more than 24 hours before etc etc but woke up the next morning showered off and bam white knees! first of all I thought great ive not been tanned properly (i'm a newbie tan tech and bridezilla) then little while later realised my mistake! Wont be doing that again I can tell you. Also Im quite happy to be making these mistakes on myself simply because it shows me what to look out for and advise my clients! Glad you've sorted your lady out hun and dont worry its not your technique or solution by the sounds of things.

love n hugs xxxx

Latest posts

Back