How to remove colour from scalp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppy

Reaction score
My hair has been coloured a deep red, but my scalp and round the hairline is dyed a bright red/ginger colour :( its VERY noticeable. lucky im off work today, but ive already washed it 3 times and its not budged. any quick fix??? xxx

Have you tried a baby wipe/make up wipe and scrubbed round the hairline? X

I used to use a disgusting technique as a silly teen to remove skin staining and as both a hairdresser and beauty therapist i would never repeat it.
Some people suggest a flannel dipped in milk works? Baby wipes or skin exfoliator. Failing that maybe returning to the salon who did your hair (unless its a home colour of course) and asking them if they have skin stain remover would be beneficial? I used to keep a colour stain remover in my colour kit just in case. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to use washing up liquid around
My hair line to remove it :) but only do it once as not sure if it could strip the colour

Washing up liquid will strip the colour out! Try exfoliating around the hair line but if this doesn't work maybe leave your fringe and some layers fall around your face to disguise the hair line if that works?

Sent from my C2105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back