How to respond to Facebook question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Some of my friends/clients are tagging me in increasingly complicated speeded up videos of nail artistry which I couldn't replicate on paper given a whole weekend let alone on a nail in a few minutes.

I do some art, stamping, floral etc but not this, and in fact most of it is done by I would say an artist rather than a nail tech in polish which judging by the layers/thickness would take ages to dry. My skill is producing natural looking nail extensions that last well.

So whether to respond or not is my question. I sometimes get the feeling I might be tagged more for interest than because they want it done, so will a polite like be sufficient?

It's kind of nice they see a nail video and think of me really!

Mine do it,and then on their next visit enquire if I saw it and could they have it please? lolz...my answer is, I will try my best and we come to a compromise..:)

I would just like the comment or post and leave it at that.

If they then ask for something similar all you have to say is that those nails were created by a social media nail blogger and that it takes hours to do, and if you were to do them it would be 3 times or 4 times the price of a normal set of nails as you have to account of the time, then recommend something similar on your stamping plates that will only be a few quid extra. Most will have no problem when you explain in like that to them

Nail art is a tricky subject with clients isn't it?

Thank you.

Yes it is very tricky subject

I actually get frustrated with all the tags and shares to my profile of nail pictures... Does that make me a miserable grumpy cow?! :D

The furry nails that have been doing the rounds must have been tagged to me about 6/7 times added onto the varying other weird pictures I just don't have the time to be commenting back on them but feel rude just 'liking' them... out of the many many clients we have, if they all did it, we'd never stop - it's the same when people say, 'oh I want those pink ones that I commented on the other day'... jeez, do they think we remember all of the comments we get... why not just screen shot the picture and bring it to their visit...

As I'm sure you can tell, this grates on me a little, as flattering as it is sometimes... hmmmph!!! :)

Latest posts

Back